Survival Update v1.6.0

• Invasions are only summonable by Crew players

• Old One’s Army is only summonable by Crew players

• Prismatic Lacewings are immortal

• Added /summoneol command for Crew (requires prismatic lacewing in your inventory)

• Enhanced /strength message

• Reduced Travelling Merchant spawning chance at 12:00 AM 33% to 25% (this doesn’t impact the 22.12% chance of spawning each day between 4:30 AM and 12:00 PM)

• Anti-Rush mechanic makes Bosses unspawnable if their strength multiplier is above 1.7f now

• Survival Dimension follows a new boss progression:

Boss Base Difficulty Time After Reset Until Boss Hits Base Difficulty Is affected by Anti-Rush?
King Slime 1.0 - -
Eye of Cthulhu 1.0 - -
Eater of Worlds 1.0 1 day -
Brain of Cthulhu 1.0 1 day -
Queen Bee 1.0 1 day 6 hours -
Skeletron 1.0 1 day 12 hours -
Wall of Flesh 1.2 2 days Yes
Queen Slime 1.0 2 days -
Destroyer 1.0 2 days 12 hours -
Twins 1.0 2 days 18 hours -
Skeletron Prime 1.0 3 days -
Plantera 1.2 3 days 3 hours Yes
Empress of Light 1.0 3 days 12 hours -
Duke Fishron 1.2 4 days 3 hours Yes
Golem 1.2 4 days 12 hours Yes
Lunatic Cultist 1.2 5 days 9 hours -
Moon Lord 1.0 5 days 9 hours -

Considering Base Difficulty is the strength multiplier

10 Likes

arkly may be mildly upset at the duke change

8 Likes

when the version update?

7 Likes

That, I do believe, is what @Tejdxa is working on, but currently has irl stuff going on so I do not think it will happen for at least another month or so. (Most likely, college)

6 Likes

How about we move duke to 4 hours after plantera? To make his drops less irrelevant and also be viable and useable for plantera if it is not fought yet

5 Likes

I expect players doing Empress of Light earlier than Duke, is there something wrong with that?

6 Likes

Most Empress of Light equipment that isn’t summoner-related or the Stellar Tune is overshadowed by Duke equipment, which can be obtained as the first boss and shred everything. However, I feel like most people that do duke defeat him after the mechs or after Plantera, where they don’t get overshadowed by post-Golem weapons like the Xeno Staff, Influx Weaver, Possesed Hatchet, litterally any OOA T3 weapons that isn’t the spinning one, etc.
Maybe unlock him at the same time as Plantera or maybe a bit afterwards?

5 Likes

The Gear Progression I had in mind was something like this:
Pre-plantera/OOA2 → Plantera/EvilMoons → EoL → Duke → Golem/OOA3/Martians

That’s a reason I have placed Duke Fishron post Golem long ago

4 Likes

I often perfer the starlight over flairon. Flairon is just annoying and clunky

5 Likes

Yeah, but which can be obtained earlier: EoL or Duke?
Also, many of the weapons carry until Golem or Duke, case in point:
Razorblade Typhoon (meta until Nebula blaze)
Bubble Gun (really op for all targets)
Tsunami (Good until Phantasm)
Tempest Staff (ok this one sucks compared to the others, but it’s better than Blade and Sagune, so it’s good until Plantera)
Flaron (gud for crowd control but ultimately the post plantera melee options are better)

So most of these weapons are good, some better than others, still, it’s better getting them before or after Plant and have some relevance than little to none

3 Likes

ok thats one of the only good duke drops since it does the job in every way

Your next weapon is the blizzard staff or razorpine which do the job similarly at single targets

Ok that’s the other good duke drop. Phantasm overshadows it

Tempest staff can be good if used correctly. Flairon is too clunkly.

4 Likes

i agree, flaron is not as good as some other options, but considering that it is technically a available premech, it destroys the competition until Plantera

but still, this is not a “flaron stinky” post, this is a update post. i am suggesting something for a future update to Survival, not trying to single out why that weapon is bad.

4 Likes

I’m curious when will shimmer come in survival?

5 Likes

whenever it gets updated :solarwesmart:

4 Likes

and question will nebula armor and it’s buffs be usable in the future?

4 Likes

It should be, its endgame tho unless the nebula particle buffs make the server laggy or theres an expoit in it that keeps the nebula armor buff even in new run who knows

3 Likes