To make a submission you must follow these guidelines.
- You must have Crew
- The complete map must exist on build
- The complete set of armor/weapons etc must already be defined
- The map must confirm to the chest color standards
- Chests are overridden as normal chests at this time
- You can change your map and its classes/items after it is moved
- You will have to add all the classes and items yourself
- Sign contents don’t carry over, you’ll need to re-edit them
- You’ll need to be online for your submission to move forward. If both mentioned users are online (Discord or in-game), send: @SolarDeity and @HarmfulCrane map submission (name). Don’t spam this message, but it will let them know you are online.
You must post a thread in the appropriate section with the following format. Please note that you are essentially submitting a form, this means you should fill out the information in text. Images, links to text and other indirections are not accepted as responses to each section. If any links, images or other indirections cannot be taken out without invalidating your submission, then your submission is invalid.
#1 Location of Map
The list of contributors that will have access to edit it later here
#3 Unverified Rating
Specify one of: Beginner, Normal, Difficult
I [permit/do not permit] someone else to take over ownership of my map for it to be processed and setup without me if I am inactive or unavailable.
What does this mean?
This means that someone else can be allowed to add your map according to the specifications specified in #5. The map will not be added to the pool if deviations have to be made from the specifications unless you permit edits per #4.2. You may take ownership over your map back when you are active/available again unless #4.3 has been enacted to take ownership permanently (if you permitted it, otherwise the map will most likely be deleted).
I [permit/do not permit] unauthorised edits by administrators/managers.
What does this mean?
This means that if the requirements for maps change, such as difficulties or color code requirements, that administrators/managers can edit your map to conform to these changes without asking you first. If you do not permit us to do this, your map will be taken out of the pool until you resolve the issue yourself.
I [permit/do not permit] administrators/managers to take over my map if I become inactive or unavailable.
What does this mean?
This means that if you go inactive or become unavailable that administrators/managers can take control of your map to make changes, additions or removals, and be considered the new owners of the map. If you do not permit us to do this, your map can be permanently deleted from Zombies at any time if you are inactive or unavailable (that is both the map as it exists in blocks and walls, as well as the map in terms of the classes, items, and other setup).
Detail of a list of:
- Spawn locations for enemies
- Spawn location for players
- Classes and their respective items - make sure to use tables for each chest
Make use of a table of contents and headers to format your post. Remember that this is a document for other people as well.
The unverified rating is intended to specify the intent of the maps difficulty. If the map’s difficulty does not match its intent, you will be given a chance to rectify the mismatch, if you do not change your map, it will be officially categorised differently from your intent. Ratings are categorised (roughly) as such:
- Map contains no lava pits or parkour
- Map provides easy enemy spawn locations
- Map provides good enough weapons/armor/other to not challenge players that much
Examples: Beach House, Winter’s Scream, Hill House
- Map contains no unrevivable lava pits or difficult parkour
Examples: Winter’s Howl, Crystal Caverns
- Map contains hard spawn locations
- Avoiding enemies is necessary
- Possible unrevivable locations
Examples: Shadow’s Descent, Heaven’s Hell
Chest Color Standards
These are the current color codes for chests. Do not use other colors for these chest and neither use other colors not listed here for other purposes.
Painted Deep Blue. (You are allowed hidden class chests, but you must have at least one that is this color).
Painted Deep Pink.
Painted Deep Sky Blue.
Painted Deep Red.
Painted Blue. (Not Deep Blue)
Other chests should not be painted.