Stellar tune nerf

Stellar tune nerf.

Nerf > 15 - 25 damage and reduce its attack speed

Stellar tune has been too op for a long time because it can go trough walls and deals too much damage .

we point, and we laugh.

7 Likes

dude just dodge it are you that dumb?

5 Likes

The projectile is invisible on mobile, but the “guitar” projectile that the person holds isn’t. I would suggest just moving away quickly if you see the guitar.

3 Likes

" If the enemy uses Stellar Tune, blast him with a Solar Eruption. If that does not suit yer taste you could either use Flying Dragon as well or suggest that Stellar Tune must be nerfed "

-Sun Tzu , the art of Walk-through-walls

3 Likes

I say buff it more, to piss off PvPers.

5 Likes

I think a nerf 75 → 40 damage is enough Min dmg: 35 → 15 and Max dmg 111 → 80

3 Likes

This is something that cannot be controlled by PvP Manager.

It’s not. It’s really not. Yes, it can go through walls, but it’s not always the best option to use when spamming someone on the other side of a surface due to its poor range. Even at worst, the projectiles are also still slow enough on their own to make it fairly inconsistent enough, so the damage is fine where it is. It’s only overpowered against players that don’t know how to move well, that being fast. If you know someone is using Stellar Tune and you hear a guitar near you, you should be moving very fast, both to evade the projectiles as well as get out of Stellar Tune’s short range. To fight Stellar Tune at worst is the most dangerous through walls option. To fight it at best, it’s one that simply punishes poor movement and reactions.

3 Likes

21 posts were split to a new topic: 115 killstreak

Lmfao

And the projectiles are slow asf, unless you’re a snail or stuck inside of a wall, stellar tune is incredibly easy to dodge.

4 Likes

Lol no one uses this weapon anymore but ok

5 Likes

Actually I change my mind lets nerf this

4 Likes

Did you fight someone earlier with Stellar Tune again and died?

5 Likes

(yes, me)

Stellar Tune actually is pretty strong if you have a mage kit, but most people don’t; it’s also slower than you might think, if you move fast enough you can evade it almost completely.

3 Likes

Well, you cannot do with the stellar tune off-screen kills because of the 25 tiles range

2 Likes

Well, to help compensate for some of the slower speed, umm… point to the Rapid modifier! That adds on some nice speed to both the casting speed and the projectile travel speed. As a result, I just use it more to spam in a general area with it to ensure damage instead of trying to predict as much.

4 Likes

As for me, I just hover from their opposite direction and hit them with Eventide. I could at least keep them away rather than me dying to Stellar Tune again. Thats my only tactic against them…

I really am at my limit at PvP now. Can’t get any better these past days.

Most I can do is deal them fatal damage and they run away and I cant keep up because their character just leave my mobile screen too quick. Then they return with half or full health and end me at my weakest. Its very frustrating.

3 Likes

With which zoom factor are you playing in PVP? I play on mobile with approximately following zoom factors (roughly):
PVP: 0.70x-0.80x
PVE: 0.66x (min on my tablet, max is 2.00x)
Build: 1.25x-1.75x (when building), 1.00x when flying around
Zombies: 0.66x-1.10x (depends on how open the map is)

3 Likes

I play PvP on 0.66 zoom, which is the largest resolution possible for my device.

2 Likes

100% Zoom (that’s the lowest on PC) at 1920 x 1200 resolution. According to Blanc, that’s the greatest resolution that Terraria supports without modifying the game.

3 Likes