Staff Inactivity - Going somewhere?

This thread is not complaint. It is a sticky on how not to get demoted as a staff member.

If I notice someone is missing, and they have been for something like a week or more, then I will consider a demotion. Before I go on about how you can pre-long that time, I would like to tell you why I demote people. It used to be in my interest to let Staff leave and come back when they like but the problem arose that I had lost count of how many staff I really had. Who could I count on?

Let’s put this into perspective. Let’s say your job is to maintain a group of 2 Helpers. Your job is simple. Make sure there are always 2 Helpers in your group who are Helping in order to fulfil a certain sector of the day. But let’s say one of those Helpers hasn’t been on in 5 days. There is at least 10 hours of time gone without a Helper online because of said persons absence. You have a choice, hire a new one in their place, or hope the other comes back. What would you do?

Well let me tell you; even if that Helper does come back, you’ve let several more hours of time go without a Helper and therefore have just made the server a little less consistent and happy. Hire a new Helper and you’ve lost just those 10 hours and nothing more. Everyone’s Happy. If the other Helper doesn’t come back, nothing changes.

Well thats exactly what happens in my eyes. If you’re inactive you could be wasting a spot that someone could take. The whole idea of balancing is beyond this topic and I’ve already said a lot by now.

Let’s just say this. If you’re going to be inactive for a bit, PM me the reason and how long you think you’ll be inactive. That way, I know I will only lose those 10 hours and nothing more. Otherwise, goodbye, someone else will take your spot.

3 Likes

You hold a valid point rofl.

3 Likes

Very good point!

3 Likes

Yes it will. Because it would be your fault that the PM doesn’t reach me.

3 Likes

What if said staff has to go to school or cannot use Terraria on weekdays?

3 Likes

If you cannot come on for 5 days every week then whats the point of being staff?

3 Likes

Rofl this is a very good point. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

what about camp during the summer? i am going to Camp Crestwood and no electronics are allowed :confused:

3 Likes

did you not read this Dragon?

3 Likes

Dragon just PM Rofl, it’s not hard. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

duh, i did

not u Tip Aliens

3 Likes

or make a thread bout the reason you arent online

3 Likes

sorry i misunderstood what pop said. don’t get all over me plz

3 Likes

A PM is better because the thread would just be meaningless. Anyway let’s stop derailing! :smiley:

3 Likes

agreed. it would take up tooo much space

3 Likes

it would let your friends know your gone

3 Likes

well then i’d PM them too

3 Likes

With the new Contracts a similar thing detailed here will still apply. I prefer efficiency over numbers in terms of Staff. If you cannot complete a contract, you will need to submit a formal reason as to why you cannot complete the contract. If you provide good enough reason, your contract will be put on hold until you come back. I do not mind inactivity, but I do mind disregard for my time and administration. If you want to become inactive, tell me, otherwise I will think you have left the server.

3 Likes