SSC Survival Terraria Server

Hello everyone. I’m excited to announce that Dark Gaming is now hosting a multiplayer survival Terraria Server. Accounts all transfer from server to server, so there is no need to register another account, or make another character. Simply join the server and you’re ready to go. The server has the same IP address as our main one: 50.171.135.79, but the port is 7776 instead of 7777. I hope you all enjoy the new server!

3 Likes

Aww man! This is the old copy of the server… I changed the boreal wood building to ice to fit the theme and fixed many more stuff. But thanks for posting! :smiley:

1 Like

I plan on changing the world from time to time anyways, as the resources will be drained.

1 Like

You should get the world gen plugin and setup refilling chests in the dungeon with cooldowns or something. You could generate more ores, pots etc every x hours by using an broadcast that’s on a timer.

2 Likes

Yea, I was planning on throwing that plugin into the server. But every once in a while, I think the world should be replaced.

1 Like

Will the characters server-side carry over to the replacment worlds?

1 Like

Yes. The new worlds are simply for new players who needed the resources already taken as well as for current players who need more resources to continue something like a building.

2 Likes

Love this SSC server already! I just got spectre boots! :3

1 Like

This is great! Finally a role play server for dark-gaming!! :D:D Now we have some competition with icy terraria :frowning:

1 Like

btw rofle… Most people are smart enough to camp around the chests and gather the re-spawned loot each x hours.

1 Like

You mean they wait around chests for hours?

1 Like

If you swapped out infchests for protector then you can only loot it once.

2 Likes

I cant even get onto the server. Terraria crashes right when it loads 100%.

1 Like

I have an idea. If the chest’s items re-spawn in the dungeon, then you should make the Old Man re-spawn back there too. It makes plenty of sense. :smiley:

The terrain is really tough on this server when fighting enemies…

1 Like

Good idea rofle! But if we are going to generate a new world, would a admin please cut house house and paste it in the new world? Sadly, I can’t carry everything in my inv.

*cut out my house

1 Like

The SSC server was a horrible failure. I expected the staff to help promote it on the normal server, but instead they just played on the SSC server by themselves. I think I might just close this server, because no one is ever on it now that the staff have completed the game.

1 Like

I think the issue Tvolk is lack of management. Zues is away at the moment and there really is no one actively working on making the SSC server better.

2 Likes

Hm, I agree with Rofle on that note. However, Zues has actually arrived back from his vacation today. He has literally just stated that.
If there were to be a staff member that was on everyday then I think it yes it probably would be more successful.
@Tvolk, not every single staff member has completed the game. There are staff members that don’t even go on the SSC server.

Honestly itt is a bit hard to properly work and/or help people on the SSC server. Say for example you are trying to help someone become a crew member and then there is an eclipse. If you haven’t progressed in the game and the only reason you came onto the SSC server is to work and/or help people out, you will constantly die due to the mobs. If you are a moderator or a helper you can’t use /godmode or /buildmode because those two groups do not have access to either of those commands. Obviously staff members will get distracted from their jobs due to the game.

1 Like

Tvolk, I think the SSC server is the best idea ever! My friends and I enjoying this servera lot and we wish it could improve to become even better server.

1 Like

This server is really good, and if nobody is going to promote this then i will! Un-used potential is needed to be used. One question, can i promote the ssc server?

1 Like