-SPOILER WARNING- I beat Calamatis in early hardmode!

I beat Calamatis in Early HM! Is this hard at all? The only bosses i beat were image Giant Clam (with the HM buffs and HM loot) and image Cryogen. My weapon of choice was the image Starlight Lance. And if you are wondering, no, image Cataclysm and imageCatastrophe (also known also as my desk) dont despawn when you kill image Calamatis.

4 Likes

I don’t know anything about calamity, really, but stealing this from the wiki:

Calamitas (normal mode, pre-Providence) has 37,500 HP, meaning the Starnight Lance, which does 95 damage, would have to hit her over 395 times (I don’t know its abilities, so I’m assuming it’s just a spear). This doesn’t include Cataclysm and Catastrophe, who you would have to hit another 174 times, for a total of 569, which sounds weird with only a spear but probably wouldn’t be impossible.

Cool though, that seems like a good achievement.

…why is calamitas immune to the stardust cell minion buff…

Next up… beat SUPREME Calamitas in early hardmode!
lol

4 Likes

It is a spear, but it also sends out this image special projectile that pierces 2 times before dissapearing on the third, making it perfect for the fight. It allowed me to get some distance.

Catastrophe and Cataclysm each get spawned twice. I was playing on normal mode, so I really only needed to kill the brothers when they spawned individually and not when they were spawned in a pair. At this point, Calamatis has around 10% health so it’s better to just kill them.

Because Calamatis (Post-Providence) is fought after Moon Lord. Note the insane buffs Calamatis gets when you beat Providence.

Edit - We both missed the fact that those buffs were the ones that Calamatis were NOT immune to. Meaning it gets affected with buffs such as Ichor and Frostburn. Since the snow arena was had some crimson, and because I favorited The Perforators lore item, i could inflict ichor that lasted for 1.5 seconds. But it increased spawn rates. But because of Boss Zen, a buff given when bosses are alive that negates all enemy spawns, it was a win-win for me
And because the Starnight Lance inflicted Frostburn for 2 seconds, a constantly attacking would keep it under 2 debuffs.

4 Likes

There’s a new boss??

6 Likes

Its in the Calamity mod. If you got Terraria on Steam, It should be free. So its not vanilla.

4 Likes

sorry i meant that it was not immune to the buff, but that still doesn’t make any sense, since it would never summon the stardust cell minion

4 Likes

Yeah, the Calamity wiki isn’t great. The Cell minion buff isn’t even a debuff, so it doesn’t fit into the section on debuff immunity.

5 Likes

Actually, a summoned minion is a debuff due to it being in the buffs category

4 Likes

But isn’t really a buff since you can de-activate it?

For example: You can’t de-activate the Ale effects since it gives you a defense penalty, even if the effect gives you the attack buff, so its actually a debuff

4 Likes

But a debuff still falls under the buff category, such as you can’t get rid of the Dryads Blessing buff as you can’t with debuffs but it is a buff nonetheless. When looking through the buffs, it shows the debuffs as well

5 Likes

‘Debuff falls under the buff category’? It does, but we’re conversing about the other definition of ‘buff’: not the umbrella term covering both positive buffs and negative buffs (debuffs), but the positive buffs under said term.

And in addition, the issue was that Calamitas, a boss enemy, had a positive buff listed in the section showing the debuffs she wasn’t immune to: not only are enemies incapable of receiving positive buffs (as far as I know of) in the Calamity mod, but the wiki was also implying a positive buff to be a debuff.

Positive buffs are identified by the player’s ability to turn them off if the buffs are not being constantly and indefinitely provided by an object or NPC in the environment. The Stardust Cell summon buff happens to fit these criteria.

5 Likes

Well, since it’s a Wiki, its accuracy is hinged on the scrutiny of its observers. Generally, the less traffic a Wiki gets, the less accurate it is, because there are less observers like you. If you find a fault within the Wiki, rectify it.

4 Likes

well, there can be many interpretations of early hm, whether it be pre mech bois or pre bullied golem. to do this, i will consider early hm as before soup calamatis, which is where i am at!

3 Likes

I have a challenge… Beat Calamitas with no armor/no hit. Basically a Glass Cannon if you will… Im not very familiar with the Calamity mod but isn’t Providence both pre hardmode and hardmode…? Or try beating Calamitas post Providence (if that’s even possible…)

4 Likes

Providence is post Moon Lord

Its very well possible, and not even required. Beating Providence buffs creatures that are linked to calamity like Brimstone Elemental, my work desk (people are putting even more stuff on it), and Calamatis. Any buffed enemy or boss also starts dropping Bloodstone. Calamatis and her brothers were only buffed by health and damage, and because i was able to no-hit Calamatis for the Armageddon treasure bags, it was a piece of cake.

Both are very well possible. I have a youtube channel where i beat Calamatis in early HM (the one where i interpret it as before mech, not before Soup Calamatis, Mado) with only a post Cryogen weapon. I might try that on a new character as long as i get to start in HM with the gear i had in HM because in the challenge, pre HM wasnt changed at all. Could be a playthrough, or a short video of me beating it.

4 Likes