Solar Eruption nerf

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Solar Eruption

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
Severely reduce the base damage

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
While the weapon SHOULD ideally be a poking tool, from testing it, I’ve noticed it’s basically a high burst, high dps swiss army knife. It’s already a strong poking tool, but it’s just so much more than that.

[Anything else you would like to note]
There are some really easy ways to use the weapon outside its poking method that infringe on other areas of weapons, like phatchet, combat wrench and phammer, and does it to similar effect while going through walls. It doesn’t help that it’s incredibly easy to sweep vertically by using this weapon while slime bouncing, effectively removing half the skill in using the weapon while getting the same reward. Additionally, I’ve noticed that this weapon sometimes double hits, which certainly doesn’t help its case, but isn’t the main reason for me feeling that it’s too strong.

2 Likes

While I don’t agree to a major nerf, generally wall pierce meta is rather toxic and campy more often than not. The FlyingDragon nerf reflects this, so both tune and eruption are bound to be brought down a peg to match this.
I’ll be marking this as accepted as a result.

1 Like