Small Update on Recent Downtime

Over the past few days, we’ve had two incidents of downtime due to our main server going offline and not rebooting, which I’ve had to contact the server provider to get them to help reboot it. We’ve also had times in the past where it went offline and we ourselves rebooted it remotely.

Along with trying to update our services in general, I’m also attempting to mitigate this kind of situation as much as possible by slowly moving towards splitting up some of our services over multiple servers so that the main server going offline affects us as little as possible. You may have noticed this already with things like Phase/DTP being accessible but not quite working when the main server is offline. With some more changes these two services will continue to work even if the main server is offline, and with more changes so will our Terraria server. This is not currently an easy challenge, and it likely involves some extra cost but it will reduce downtime.

6 Likes

I dont believe youd know the issue for the server going offline those two times? I’m not too smart when it comes to servers and maintaining one…

6 Likes

The cause is not known, but the main server is not considered to be reliable from my perspective.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.