Revival System in Zombies

Lately, I have become increasingly annoyed with how the revival system works. That is, you lose all the points for ‘failing’ to revive the nearby player despite actually reviving at the time. Now, this could be avoided if almost everyone in your game stopped attacking to let you revive then move on to the next round. But many rush though, forgetting that you are reviving someone, ultimately forcing the next round to begin and you to lose all the points as well as resetting that dead person back to square one. This is exacerbated by the fact that the person reviving has a very large amount of points that is accumulated for later upgrades as the round goes on. That dead person will most likely give up and leave the game because, well, your progress is ruined, back to square one and having to deal with Round 6+ enemies (that happened a lot of a time)

Can you find the ways to work around this problem, or remove this mechanic/feature entirely? For the work-around, I was thinking that if you are starting to revive (25% progress), and the round ends at that timeframe, you shouldn’t get the penalty and the dead person will be revived and continue as normal. But I don’t know, perhaps you might have a better ideas or justified reason why that mechanic exist.

Doesn’t this already happen? Or is it only on some difficulty of maps. Different difficulties have slightly different functions, but I don’t know any of them at the moment.

2 Likes

Really? I haven’t experienced it, personally.

2 Likes

When I am being revived, (usually) if the round ends before it finishes, I am instantly revived and the chat says You got revived! instead of the normal message(s).

2 Likes

That already happens. You just don’t get the points for the revival because you technically didn’t revive them.

I believe this in particular was intended to be reworked in a future update.

2 Likes

Oh, so you can actually revive (even if it’s 25% progress) b4 the round ends and you don’t get the penalty? That is the feature that happens on every map?

2 Likes

There’s a planned rework of the system. Characters being reset and losing all your points are both addressed

2 Likes

Ah nice, it would be of great comfort for us! Is there a rough outline of how are they going to address them?

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I can announce it yet, but tl;dr; both will be removed

2 Likes

Maybe you should add here only thing, that is person died in mid-air, it will look like this

2 Likes

Closing because there’s already a change planned to the revival system.

3 Likes