[Resolved] Door Exploit Fix (To do ASAP)

Not so long ago, an exploit was found with the door tile, which seem to bypass TShock’s protection protocol. This allows hackers to spawn massive amounts of doors and basically destroy whole servers. We’ve found the issue at TShock and there are currently two fixes, which will be listed below.

Box managed to join the server while it was falling apart, and through the 1 minute lag caused by the massive tile spawning, I managed to tell him to shut down the server without saving. This means the last save should be the previous autosave, no more than 24 minutes earlier, so I don’t expect a lot to have been lost.

One of the fixes, the easiest one, is to paste this plugin in your ServerPlugins folder. It will stop doors from spawning and breaking tiles.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mb9e817o73bo3az/DoorSentinel.dll

Simon (one of the devs) also commited a fix to be implemented in core TShock, but it’s still to be accepted. It does seem to be functional at the moment, and if you wish you may try and build tshock yourselves. Link to Simon’s PR

This should be fixed pre-emptively, and preferentially before bringing the server back up. It will simply fall apart once more, otherwise.

2 Likes

I was on jay-net a couple hours ago, and the same thing happened there.

I heard it was happening to the top 25 servers…

2 Likes

nasty X__X

it half-destroyed the spawn!!!

2 Likes

I have a message from Perky_kat, a manager on jay net. Perky’s message: All servers need to be aware of CrazyPerson we think that he did the griefing because when we banned him the distruction stopped, Be aware and keep a close eye if you see him.

2 Likes

is it fixed or can ppl still use the hack?

2 Likes

Yeah, I was at jay-net while it was happening. It was like a tidal wave of doors.

2 Likes

that sounds cool…just to see btw

2 Likes

woah!!!What is the name?(I dont know what J-net is)

2 Likes

This message was from perky_kat directed at dragonslayer: “it’s not cool it’s just horrifying and sad to see.”

2 Likes

It was pretty cool. xD

2 Likes

her thought not mine

2 Likes

But I am still mad.

2 Likes

I’m sure it looked cool but not cool for the server Ill keep an eye out for “crazyman”

2 Likes

CrazyPERSON. not man xD

2 Likes

ummm…“crazyperson”

yeah I just saw my mistake

2 Likes

In order for this to be fixed here, we need Pop to show up and upload either of the fixes…

2 Likes

The dropbox link is broken.

2 Likes

Woah hectic… If I may ask, by when do you think it will be fixed?

2 Likes

It is now.

2 Likes