Remove anticheat for things revolving around 1.4.4 and well-known bugs please

The game is higly bugged and flawed at the moment with anticheat and the server not being at 1.4.4 yet. can it be temporarily removed to fix issues revolving the 1.4.4 update, since there are so many bugs around it? maybe do it in secret, since the bugs often outweigh the benefits, and 99% of people don’t use hacks, and those who do hack (i.e use godmode) don’t get caught by the filter.

That’s because TrueSSC, the plugin that serves as the “anticheat” around items, is only for managing items. It doesn’t do anything about players cheating through godmode because it’s not made to do anything about it, it never was. The reason you don’t see people blatantly cheating in Survival all the time is because of TrueSSC, since before it existed, there was no protection against things that could just grant items. As a result, it was commonplace for cheaters to just join Survival and hack in almost any item they wanted at any stage of the game.

5 Likes

Oh ok, is there any way to fix it? (i.e kicks players caught taking no damage from something unless it detects a lag spike)

5 Likes

Hypothetically, even if TrueSSC was completely removed, the server doesn’t support 1.4.4 fully yet and everything will bug out

5 Likes

istg anticheat would rather stop me from placing item frames then someone using godmode

4 Likes