Reminder about issues relating to Terraria 1.4.4

Since the update is getting closer, I thought now was a good time to remind people that our server won’t be magically instantly updated. As a result, there is a possibility that you won’t be able to join the server if you immediately update your game, depending on if there are any breaking changes made to networking. If you would prefer to play on the server after the update drops, then you should make sure not to update your client until someone has confirmed it is working.

New game features/items won’t be supported immediately, so it’s likely they won’t work unless they are backwards compatible. At most, I expect to add any new items to the items dimension. Anything else requires updating the server which is a longer process as we aren’t even currently on the latest version.

19 Likes

So, basically, this update will make loadout swapping easier. Correct? And building too?

10 Likes

It will yes

8 Likes

Anyways, what if everything suddenly got updated to this version (the whole server)

9 Likes

If it was an instantaneous update, there wouldn’t be any issues joining-wise.

9 Likes

The real question is, who will test it to see if they can join

9 Likes

Some dude who randomly types on discord ones a year?:joy:

8 Likes

someone musteth take one for thine team

8 Likes

now cool stuff will happen to terraira

6 Likes

ahahhaha i mean I guess

8 Likes

If everything goes well I might on Mobile

8 Likes

How long did it take to update the server from 1.4.0.5 to 1.4.3? The time to update it to 1.4.4 will be similar.

7 Likes

Phase : wizord and Doritos could enter Rift and Items with 1.4.4 i think but in discord it was told that they cannot.

Edit 1 Phase Hen Ti could enter the server ( @Hen-Ti )

9 Likes

Wait is the new update today?

7 Likes

The new update already came out

6 Likes

Oh i havent got it yet : (

7 Likes

@popstarfreas said in Discord it works for him

9 Likes

Well I added some items to the 1.4.4 chest, but I keep crashing so I’ll stop for now. If anyone thinks there’s items that should be added there let me know.

(Look on here for new items: https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Item_IDs, unless someone added it to the actual 1.4.4 page which I didn’t check)

10 Likes

Why does “other users” (not it) keep crashing? Maybe the new Terraria version is causing bugs or incompatibility issues with the older version

(Response to Rofle’s post, felt a little vague)

7 Likes