Redo ability cost percentages

Redo the price penalty for all abilities seperately because not every ability is same level OP or not OP.
I suggest following table:

• Coward - 10% (It is a passive ability)
  • Guardian - 50% (extra guards which don’t move)
  • Sentry - 75% (extra moving guards)
  • Shaman - 100% (very fast healing ability)
  • Time Warp - 35% (stopping mobs)
  • Telekinesis - 30% (motion control of enemies)
  • Wish - 30% (relys on RNG but is strong)
  • Valiant - 55% (regen bonusses)
  • Reverent - 20% (passive healing abilities)
  • The rest: 25%

For any balance suggestions I am open.

What
I don’t understand a lot that happens here, and suggest to only remove Valiant and Wish penalty via other post.

3 Likes

Ah yes, very fast healing. I’d suppose reverent would have 500% due to the fact its like, 500% of a heal than shaman?

3 Likes

First off, I think you confused these two.
Second off, Guardian 50%? Guardian is known as one of the least powerful abilities: the Guardians constantly get stuck on terrain, their damage isn’t great and the knockback tends to get out of control (often launches things into your teammates or bounces eyes off of walls back into you) plus they can’t deal with projectiles whatsoever and they’re effectively worthless in the lategame due to getting shot down by projectile spam, having little to no effect on the high-kb res mobs and being oneshot by everything. I think Guardian should keep its current price uptick (25%) considering just how badly it scales into the double digits.

This seems very excessive. Doubled prices means a Shaman user essentially cannot play the game apart from trying to herd all the other uncooperative players into a space they can use to increase max HP. While I agree that Shaman is very strong, basically prohibiting them from dealing damage or farming or anything doesn’t seem fair; with Sentry, users can constantly interact with the zombies in many ways (farming points, killing off big enemies, applying debuffs, drawing aggro, setting up an elaborate artificially intelligent defense system) whereas with Shaman, you just have to ww repeatedly until you can max hp upgrade, which won’t even occur each round. The passive healing isn’t particularly strong, nor is it an activated thing, so there is literally no action going on; playing Shaman would be the most boring possible time in all of Zombies.

Such an outrageous price uptick is reserved for Sentry because Sentry at least has anything going on with the score they have left over—Shamans can’t make any use of the score they have sitting around from not buying anything, as it isn’t a score-based ability. If prices were really doubled like this, it would ruin the ability—the ability which already requires much teamwork and restraint, mind you. Shaman may be strong, but nerfing it into the ground by making it unplayable isn’t the way to go.

What.
Similar situation to Guardian. The ability is exceedingly underpowered, as the regen bonuses are negligible in comparison to the debuffs, which are… intense, to say the least (acid venom basically turns any game into hardcore mode).
Coincidentally enough, the aforementioned murder debuff is also the only one you can’t negate with Ankh Shield. Valiant is already underutilised for being hard to get and underwhelmingly powerful in comparison to almost all other abilities, and you want to bump its price increase up by 30%?

You say Shaman (conditionally difficult to use, requires team-wide cooperation) should pay twice as much for everything, and then gloss over Dual Wield? While personally, I don’t think any of the current cost percentages should change, if we were changing any of them the first one I’d think of would be Dual Wield: basically permanent doubled damage at a grand cost of nothing. It’s essentially the easiest-to-use ability, yet simultaneously one of the strongest.

In conclusion, Guardians already have issues and just grow less and less viable the later you get in the game, doubling the percentage is just unnecessarily condemning the poor ability further; Shaman would be extremely unfun to play with such a massive cost increase (all the score you’d have from not buying things has nowhere to go, the ability itself is not nearly interesting enough or even strong enough in terms of gameplay to justify such a raise in prices), Valiant is also very underpowered currently and this level of nerf is really not needed, and why is Dual Wield not even taken into consideration for how powerful it is?

8 Likes