Re-enable most trapped pre-hardmode statues in Survival and not count the spawns towards Hardmode dying

It is difficult to farm certain things in the open sometimes, and using a statue to farm stuff early-game is very useful for basically everyone. Even in hm, unicorn statues are somewhat useful as well for the horns and mounts if a hallowed has not been found.
You can ban the rest of statues individually, hm statues and king/queen statues are already banned so

All statues are disabled atm so

Here is a list of a few good statues:
Blood Zombie/Drippler Statue: Shark Tooth Neclase/Bloody Tear
Shark Statue: Shark Fins/diving gear componets
Jellyfish statue: glowsticks and diving gear componets
Imp Statue: Obsidian Rose (Terraspark Componet)

Unicorn Statue (HM): Blessed Apple, Unicorn Horn

so you want hardmode to last 15 minutes with players farming mobs from statues?

7 Likes

Also statues drop chances are 20x lower, a normal 1% item (1:100) becomes a 0.05% item (1:2000).

5 Likes

maybe make statues not count for the spirits dying well? @Legolas

4 Likes

it varies, but ensures that it can be obtained in any condition as long as a statue is present.

6 Likes

well, I’m no programmer, but since there is (most likely) a modifier that says something like isStatueSpawned since statues have lower spawn chances. so here is a fix for it affecting it (the mock script is based in java, i think Terraria/DG code and stuff runs in some variation of C, not 100% sure though)

Original code

while (spiritsDecay != 0);
{
if enemyDefeated //used whenever an enemy dies
   {
     spiritsDecay--; //decaying spirits
  }
}
isHardmode = 0; //preHardmode is 0, mis 1
// this is the script for determining when the Spirits die

new code:

while (spiritsDecay != 0);
{
if enemyDefeated && isStatueSpawned != true 
//used whenever an enemy dies, 
//if it is numerical like 1 or two 1 is statue-spawned, 0 is natural
   {
     spiritsDecay--; //decaying spirits
  }
}
isHardmode = 0; //preHardmode is 0, Hardmode is 1
// this is the script for determining when the Spirits die, excluding statues

This is excluding the limit for “The ancient spirits are decaying…” in chat, as I am too lazy to edit it (not to mention I’m a bit rusty at Java and this was only done here, and I’m sure it is much more complicated than what I wrote not to mention Terraria is probably coded in a completely different programming language)

edit: it’s coded in C#, not java, I was right

5 Likes

Another reason why statues are disabled it’s because how easily it is to make a tank box and abuse iframes from mobs

5 Likes

that is also a fair point, but for moon lord, he uses independent immunity frames, so those machines would not work.
but all other bosses I could see a problem with (also QB being a bee can see exploits with statues)
then the use of iframes abusing is not allowed, like also maybe make it so statues use different iframes of non-statue mobs, to prevent this.

4 Likes

That’s not possible

5 Likes

oh ok
yeah it was worth a shot, nvmd then, too much possible abuse to be with it

4 Likes