Ranger Armor changes

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Multiple armors listed below

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
Listed below (this format is for one piece but I don’t want to make a dozen seperate suggestions)

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
Ranger currently doesn’t have a lot of good armor option that aren’t for all classes (e.g. Gladiator/Crimson)

[Anything else you would like to note]
Here are my various suggestions:
image Red Riding Hood: Buff to 24/25 defense. Increase Ranged damage to 11%/12% and damage to all other classes to 4%.
image Red Riding Dress: Buff to 25 defense. Unlike the other pieces of the Red Riding set, this one has already been accounted for and isn’t strictly worse than anything else
image Red Riding Leggings: Buff to 23 defense. Increase Ranged damage to 9% and damage to all other classes to 4%
image Chlorophyte Helmet: Buff to 24 defense.
image Vortex Breastplate: Buff to 29 defense. Buff Ranged damage to 13%
image Vortex Leggings: Buff ranged damage to 17% to make up for relatively low defense
image Palladium Helmet: Buff ranged damage to 14%. Unlike the mage and melee versions of the Palladium head piece, the helmet has no other benefits and could recieve a small buff
image Orichalcum Helmet: Buff defense to 26. This piece will probably always be outclassed by Frost Helmet and thus doesn’t need any relevance other than help for specific ranger Orichalcum armor.
image Titanium Helmet: Buff defense to 22. This could probably also be done to the Headgear image

ironically i don’t expect to really use any of these that much

Not all changes will be done to the same degree, but I’m marking this as suggested to show that I generally agree and would like to encourage more class versatility, so I’m going to attempt to give more options for ranger gear.

3 Likes