PvP Update v1.1.6 | Minor Balance update

A large amount of minor changes have been pushed

• Keybrand
    Damage increased from 70 → 85, to reflect the 1.4 buff
  • Clockwork Assault Rifle
    Damage decreased from 77 → 74 due to general dominance with little investment
  • Possessed Hatchet
    Damage decreased from 78 → 76, Max Damage decreased from 122 → 116 due to general dominance with little investment
  • Ghastly Glaive
    Velocity reworked, should be similar in viable range
    Damage nerfed from 109 → 100, Max Damage decreased from 165 → 150
  • Tome of Infinite Wisdom
    Damage reworked, performance slightly reduced specifically on left click
  • Crystal Assassin Armor
    Hood defense reduced from 28 → 25, Shirt defense reduced from 26 → 25
    Specifically while equipping destroyer emblem, this set would outperform 99% of the kits in nearly every single aspect, as such its been pushed into a glass cannon role.
  • Titanium Leggings
    Defense reduced from 32 → 31
  • Hallowed Greaves
    Damage buffed by 2%, as the total armor set is not very viable outside of surprise tactics
  • Flying Dragon
    Projectile damage nerfed from 122% → 108%, Base damage nerfed from 58 → 56
    the ability to camp with this weapon with little punishment was obscene and very toxic to play against, so a drastic reduction in the projectiles capabilities was necessary.
  • Nail Gun
    Velocity and projectile modification reverted to try and fix a velocity bug. Will test this weapon more thoroughly should it be fixed.

What’s next?

• Multiple tournaments of my creation are planned, but will likely be delayed until spring break
  • Duel is planned to receive more support soon (hopefully)
  • The FFA arena has some interesting changes planned… stay tuned for more information soon!
  • Solorion has joined the creative team! Maybe we’ll consider visually updating some old duels?
7 Likes

Buildin’ time

7 Likes

round of applause for keybrand

5 Likes

Keybrand finally got a well deserved buff now we need Skemor massacre with a Keybrand XD

4 Likes

you have summoned thee

5 Likes

A second of its kind! I’m a few days late by now, but the least I can do to celebrate it is… well, what happened up to now with it.

The brief story behind Keybrand in PvP (with lots of screenshots, click/tap to open)

December 29th

Suggestion (along with why I wanted the buff besides for memes):
Keybrand Buff

December 30th

January 10th

4 Likes

Yeah I didnt have reason to buff it, there’s enough swords in play but I didn’t realize it didn’t get buffed to vanilla stats with 1.4 change lmao. THat much I can do, presuming it didn’t make the sword suddenly meta centralizing or something

4 Likes

what you should do tho is buff Solar Flare Pickaxe :brazil:

Remember: PICKAXE SUPREMACY!!!

4 Likes

Funnily enough, you’d unironically be better off using Shroomite Digging Claw for PvP.

Shroomite Digging Claw

Solar Flare Pickaxe

5 Likes

what have they done

Edit: Well, at least The Axe is still decent
The Axe

Melee

Damage

Velocity

Max Damage

None

Min Damage

None

Banned

No

2nd Edit: How do you do that image of PvP Manager Profiles?

5 Likes

How viable is the 3rd most used PvE weapon, the one, the only, Laser Drill?

5 Likes

Cough if I may offer my expert opinion, I believe that those images you speak of are, in fact, screenshots, as seen when hovering over the image with the cursor.

3 Likes

ah im an idiot thank you

4 Likes

In theory, you could OHK someone with Laser Drill, since its damage is uncapped. But its base is a somewhat low 35, and after my experience with using Laser Drill as a weapon in Zombies (the drill tip was a bit iffy on hitting enemies), I wouldn’t count on it.

Laser Drill

6 Likes

in theory laser drill would be really good with orichalcum armor, but shroomite digging claw would be better with titanium

Edit: Normally I’m a summoner, but when it comes to pvp, I’m more of a ‘Mechanic,’ so I’m trying to make the best vanilla pvp, DG pvp, and Calamity Mod pvp tool-only loadout.

4 Likes

Well, at the point, why not just use Keybrand? It’s not classified as a tool, but… y’know, it’s a key. That’s a tool, right? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

6 Likes

facepalms

but seriously, pickaxe only playthroughs are priceless, especially modded

6 Likes