PvP Item/Weapon Restriction Controversy

So, once again, there have been a few weapons worth noting that are straight up unfair, unbalanced, or annoying to the point that it’s worth disabling, or maybe even banning as a whole. Here’s why I think these weapons/accessories should be disabled

Frozen Turtle Shell
I’m honestly not sure how this got by the system. I mean, if the hp cap wasn’t increased to 1000/1200 this wouldn’t be such a big deal, but considering the 50% damage reduction kicks in once you hit 600 HP, it gets a bit much. While PvPing Avery this made my daybreak which normally hit around 250-300 do around 85-150. This is a HUGE difference. Honestly, this needs to be restricted >.> Worm Scarf just worsens the effect, but at least Worm Scarf isn’t a whole 50% difference.
TL;DR

• Literally halves the damage taken when below 600 HP

Staff of the Frost Hydra
For a while I had come to accept it and just tried to avoid those who use it, but it’s really starting to bother me again, and here’s why.
The main arena that is used in PvP is the Red Arena, so I’ll be referring to that for most of this explanation. Y’know the Rainbow Crystal Staff? Yea, that really strong weapon that was banned? Yea, Frost Hydra is basically the exact same thing in PvP just with slightly dumbed down damage. It’s almost impossible to dodge unless in one or two specific areas in the arena, regardless of the fact that it has to be placed on the ground. Spoiler alert, it doesn’t. It can be placed on walls and on the roof, and this makes it basically impossible to avoid in our arenas. Plus it favors people with larger res sizes.
TL;DR

• Easy to spam
  • Near impossible to dodge in red arena
  • Basically the same thing as another banned weapon

Celebration
This is honestly a dead giveaway… this weapon hurts… and it’s hard to avoid… and it is spammable…
Basically, this weapon does really chunky damage, even without a ranger setup. It’s not easy to avoid being hit either. The projectile itself is kind of slow, but it has a decent initial hitbox, and once it impacts something, be it a wall or a player, it explodes into a large flower like firework which has its own unique hitbox. It’s huge. It dwarfs the snowman cannon in size. Oh, and did I mention that it fires multiple rockets per shot? Yea, that just adds onto the pain.
TL;DR

• Weapon does big damage
  • Has huge explosion hitbox
  • Shoots multiple rockets

Shiny Stone
This is probably the easiest to say is fair, simply because you have to sit still to use it, otherwise it does nothing. However, when you obey the items rules, it is incredibly useful for regenerating hp. It’s basically a no brainer for any PvP kit, even if only to use when you get a lucky break to heal. Basically, If I am taken down to 1 hp and am to use the shiny stone to heal, I could heal up to 1200 hp in probably around 10 seconds. Add things like Crimson Armor, and Honey, and you could heal in probably less than 8 seconds. It’s honestly kind of unfair. Luckily, our arena is small, so it’s not too difficult to track a user down, but it’s still a huge pain.
TL;DR

• Heals you from 1 hp to 1200 in about 10 seconds while sitting still

Rod of Discord
I’m just going to leave this link here. We’ve gone over this countless times
https://dark-gaming.com/thread/rod-to-be-or-not-to-be.2183
On a side note, I’d like to add that it can be improved further with the rapid prefix, thus decreasing the natural cool down it has, which makes it even stronger than before.
TL;DR

• Rapid prefix = more RoD
1 Like

Frozen Turtle shell is 25%, not 50%. Still overpowered in my opinion, with the right loadout you can get 97% damage absorption for one hit, I also agree with your Celebration and Shiny Stone points, though I’d prefer if there was some way to weaken the Shiny Stone, not ban it.

1 Like

Same here, I love shiny stone, but it is a bit to fast, combined with some kind of Well Fed buff…and other factors, i can heal up to 100% in about 5 or 6 seconds, with the right mind set, one can become ultimate in PvP with the above items.

1 Like

It’s more like 16-20 seconds tbh.

1 Like

No, 16-20 seconds is WAY more time than needed

1 Like

It’s around 20 seconds to get from 1 HP to 1200.
I’ll post a video when I feel like it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ll do that myself, unfortunately, it’s hard to get to 1 without /slap and having no regen capabilitys, such as bleeding…

1 Like

Any thoughts on the Charged Blaster cannon? I consider it unfair since the beam is invisible, but I still use it, and do to the low damage, I don’t really care when others use it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s true, according to the wiki, others can’t see the beam, as well as having a 300 tile reach at max power. It is amazing in group PvP, due to its’ infinite piercing, in an open arena, sweeping with this weapon would be a cinch. It also doesn’t do just low damage, if you can hold the beam long enough on someone.

1 Like

The rapid RoD is pretty much a suicide machine.
Anyways, with a potion and regeneration loadout you can heal in about 14 seconds.
Without potion and honey it’s around 20 seconds.

1 Like