PvP Item Suggestions

The problem is, overpoweredness is relative at some extent. If an entire tier of weapons gets wiped out (like it happened with 1.3 endgame weapons, or is about to happen anyway), there may be new overpowered weapons from the tier below, and rather interestingly, we now deal not with overpoweredness per se (it was a rare thing back then, only Coin Gun was TRULY overpowered), but with spammy weapons that are manageable yet unpleasant.

But we have yet to see. I remember 1.2 having more useful weapons, however, many of them were spam based and would be banned now, and besides, everyone now takes less damage from old weapons. It is all up to stats manipulation now!

2 Likes

90% of weapon bans have already been carried out. This is why I said: “I think most will agree that we’re going in the right direction by uprooting and burning to hell all the over-powered weapons.”

“The problem is, overpoweredness is relative at some extent. If an entire tier of weapons gets wiped out (like it happened with 1.3 endgame weapons, or is about to happen anyway), there may be new overpowered weapons from the tier below,”
Yea no… The 1.3 end-game weapons have–for the most part–been removed. Now there’s only the random miscellaneous over-powered weapon. The problem was that the damage these weapons did, was too great for the defensive capabilities of the current meta. The next tier down doesn’t appear to share this problem.

I think you should go in-game and PvP with a few styles, as you do not even seem to know what’s banned, and what’s not.

2 Likes

" I do not remember how was that issue resolved, or if it was resolved at all. My brain goes crap on me regarding this one, and I have not visited other servers much before 1.3, but there is one thing I am sure about: it is all coming back."
Kero are you retarded? The issue of spam in 1.2 wasn’t an issue to begin with. the only weapons that were spammy were tsunami, razorpine, blizzard, and terrablade. And even then, Tsunami wasn’t auto fire, Razorpine did like 20 damage, Blizzard was easy to avoid, and terrablade was bad without intense melee speed, which 1.3 has provided.

" if we keep banning strong weapons one after the another, we might get to the point where nothing really does any damage at all, or when there are only two to five usable, primary weapons "
For one, why the hell does that concern you? The only weapon you’re smart enough to use properly is Sniper, and you ABUSE sniper. For another, if we ban weapons that deal the most damage, then we’ll have to either take out the 1200hp plugin, or we can just remove some of the accessories that give the defense, like worm scarf, or even just Endurance Potion. Seriously most people only use two to three primary weapons anyways, so nothing is changing.

" If an entire tier of weapons gets wiped out, there may be new overpowered weapons from the tier below, and rather interestingly, we now deal not with overpoweredness per se (it was a rare thing back then, only Coin Gun was TRULY overpowered), but with spammy weapons that are manageable yet unpleasant. "
Kero, Vortex Beater wasn’t manageable. That’s the fucking issue. If you’d read about it some more you’d realize that because o f it’s inaccuracy, it’s insanely easy to spam, and chunk people with. It was banned not because it was insanely strong, but because of the insane poke versatility it can provide while still dealing insane damage.
There were many weapons in 1.2 that were truely overpowered, but not many had to be dealt with because 1.2 was balanced. Coin Gun is only unfair with platinum coins. At the time, Gold Coins were managable. Tsunami + Chlorophyte arrows was INSANELY good in cqc in 1.2 as well, as was snowman cannon. Even if we disregard everything I just said, Vortex Beater is still insanely irritating, and as such, makes the whole metagame tons more fun to play in with it out of the way. It encourages more skill, and helps those with skill to have fun once in a damn while.

“I remember 1.2 having more useful weapons, however, many of them were spam based and would be banned now”
No, Kero, you’re being dumb.
There was little in 1.2 that was spam based. Tsunami, Blizzard, Snowman Cannon at worst, and most places had snowman cannon banned anyways.

Honestly Kero, you haven’t ever changed your playstyle, and from what I’ve seen about you, you seem like someone who doesn’t give 2 shits about anyone but yourself, so why are you being so butthurt over a few balancing acts? If anything we’re making it easier for you, so why are you protesting so much?
OH WAIT, THAT’S RIGHT, I PROPOSED WE NERF THE ONLY WEAPON YOU’VE EVER TOUCHED.

Sorry that I’m being so rude to you, but you honestly need to take your head outa your ass man.
Bad day for me, and now it’s not just my problem either.

Oh, and next time Kero, maybe just state your point simply and quickly instead of making 2 whole pages of your walls of text. It’s kind of a pain. This thread was made to suggest new items to modify, not to argue about you being butthurt over good changes.

2 Likes

Oh well, stirring up trouble for a change was fun anyway. Alright, but I wasn’t trying to stop anyone from changing combat, just shared unnecessary thoughts which happened to spark something.

Off I go, then, this ironically does not appear to be my area of expertise.

2 Likes

AntiPvPWeapons has been updated (and renamed to PvPController).
It now has more features:

• Can now ban Accessories
  • Can now ban Armors
  • Can now apply debuffs when using a weapon

This is reflected in the following changes with respect to the OP:
[ul]
[li]Vortex Armor is now banned.[/li]
[li]Frozen Turtle Shell is now banned.[/li]
[li]Sniper now has webbed debuff for 1 second upon use[/li]
[/ul]

The handling of the bans is slightly different. The accessory/armor bans use what people are used to when having MNG/Black Belt equipped.

2 Likes

So as many of you know, many things were changed. The above post prooves that, but, some weapons were also buffed/nerfed based on damage values!
Below is a full list of all the damage increase/decreases!

[u] Heat Ray [/u]

• Damage increased by 1.4x ( Base of 57 -> 80)

[u] Nettle Burst [/u]

• Damage increased by 2.8x ( Base of 29 -> 81)

[u]Terra Blade [/u]

• Damage decresed by 0.6x ( Base of 99 -> 59 )

[u] Demon Scythe [/u]

• Damage increased by 5x ( Base of 36 -> 180 )

[u] Crystal Storm [/u]

• Damage increased by 3.5x (Base of 26 -> 91 )

[u] Luminite Arrow (and after effect) [/u]

• Damage decreased by 0.5x ( Base of 15 -> 7.5 )

[u] Razorpine [/u]

• Damage increased by 1.7x ( Base of 50 -> 85 )

[u] Magic Missile [/u]

• Damage increased by 7x ( Base of 28 -> 196 )

[u]Shadowflame Hex Doll [/u]

• Damage increased by 4.5x ( Base of 45 -> 189 )

[u]Staff of Earth [/u]

• Damage increased by 2x ( Base of 76 -> 152 )

[u]Chain Guillotine [/u]

• Damage increased by 3.2x ( Base of 45 -> 144 )

And now, here’s a few items I thought could be potentially very fun and interesting to see buffed/nerfed

[u] Death Sickle [/u]

• Damage increased by 1.7x ( Base of 57 -> 97 )

[u] Chlorophyte Shotbow [/u]

• Damage increased by 2.5x ( Base of 34 -> 85 )

[u] Tactical Shotgun [/u]

• Damage increased by 2.5x ( Base of 29 -> 72.5 )

[u] Dart Rifle [/u]

• Damage increased by 2.7x ( Base of 52 -> 140 ) (unsure of, may need to be lowered)

[u] Sky Fracture [/u]

• Damage increased by 2.7x ( Base of 38 -> 103 )

[u] Crystal Serpent [/u]

• Damage increased by 3x ( Base of 40 -> 120 )

[u] Toxic Flask [/u]

• Damage increase of 3x ( Base of 46 - 138 )

[u] Flairon [/u]

• Damage increase of 2x ( Base of 66 -> 132 )

[u] Charged Blaster Cannon [/u]

• Damage decrease of 0.5x ( Base of 50 -> 25 )

[u] Vampire Knives [/u]

• Damage increase of 3.5x ( Base of 29 -> 101.5 )

[u] Blizzard Staff [/u]

• Damage increase of 1.2x ( Base of 58 -> 70 )

[u] Venom Staff [/u]

• Damage increase of 2x ( Base of 63 -> 126 )

[u] Bat Scepter [/u]

• Damage increase of 2x ( Base of 45 -> 90 )

[u] Unholy Trident [/u]

• Damage increase of 2x ( Base of 73 -> 146 )

[u]Ice Bow [/u]

• Damage increase of 2.7x ( Base of 36 -> 124 )

[u] Candy Corn Rifle [/u]

• Damage increase of 1.6x ( Base of 44 -> 70.4 ) (could be increased)

[u] Stynger [/u]

• Damage increase of 2.4x ( Base of 45 -> 108 )

[u] Celebration [/u]

• Damage decrease of 0.8x ( Base of 65 -> 52 )

[u] Onyx Blaster [/u]

• Damage increase of 2.8x ( Base of 28 -> 78 )

[u] Venus Magnum [/u]

• Damage increase of 2.3 ( Base of 38 -> 87 )

[u] Rocket i [/u]

• Damage decrease of 0.8x ( Base of 40 -> 32 )

[u] Rocket iii [/u]

• Damage decrease of 0.8x ( Base of 65 -> 52 )

[u] Luminte bullet [/u]

• Damage decrease of 0.8x ( Base of 20 -> 16 )

[u] Shadowflame Knife [/u]

• Damage increase of 3x ( Base of 38 -> 114)

If you have any suggestions, leave them here!

2 Likes

Wait what?
Are those just suggestions or did that actually happen on the server?

2 Likes

They were implemented already

2 Likes

I’d like to note that, the bullet/rocket/arrow changes don’t apply to their base damage, it applies to the combined damage of them and the weapon they are used with.

Also what do you think about having damage ratios be based on armor type as well? So certain weapons are more useful to one class than another. It would seem like there would be more diversity with the choice of style.

Final note, I’ll go make a new thread so that this is a more obvious change than simply being inside a thread about suggestions.

2 Likes