PvP Item Ban Suggestions

Hey, i do know Blanc made a suggestion too, but there was items in pvp I agree with Blanc should be banned and hasn’t been banned, so this is an extension of what to ban on PvP. I’m not saying pvp isn’t already balanced with Blanc’s suggestions, just not all of it was put in pvp which is still an issue. Here are some of the items I wish to be banned:

Luminite Arrows
These op arrows are powerful for it’s hit box with the tsunami and not only hits once, but twice, dealing double damage. These are very fast, so someone could pin someone else in a corner using just that and killing them fast. Even with the restriction, I’m afraid it still is too op, I suggest banning it.

Vortex Armor
This armor set is known for its ability to go invisible. A lot of people use this while using sniper rifle and usually get lots of kills. People have found a way of not being seen while invisible, which is equipping spectre armor on the vanity and having shadow dye with this armor with a sniper rifle, which brings a deadly combo into pvp.

Sniper Rifle
This doesn’t deal too much damage in pvp, however, it’s still too powerful with the vortex armor and the ranger boosts. I’m not saying it should be banned, but what I am saying is to nerf it, but not too much to the point where it’s useless.

Frozen Turtle Shell
This item is often used when people are below 50% hp. To explain how op it is, let’s say someone really beats someone up, that other person uses that item, then ends up killing the assailant. This is especially op when the person uses that item with all the different ways of getting good defense. This op item needs to be banned and it still hasn’t been.

Nebula Arcanum
This weapon’s damage isn’t the issue, it’s how many projectiles it produces is the problem. With the new arena, I noticed some people go into the little house under spawn and spam that weapon whilst in there, and it has caused lag and this should be payed attention to.

Proximity Mine Launcher
This weapon is op for it’s mines on the ground and everytime you step on them, you get lots of damage. With a minefield, someone can easily get kills without putting a lot of effort into it. This weapon has too much damage and should be nerfed.

I agree with everything, but the Arcanum.

[i]Luminite Arrows[/i]
As you said, these arrows are much too over-powered. They double hit, making no other arrow choice feasible, as they simply don’t compare to the unfair damage of Luminite arrows. Even worse is the fact that they have the same velocity of venom arrows. Making them both fast and strong.

Vortex Armor
The high damage and invisibility, makes this armor overpowered, even with the lowered movement speed. I’d suggest either forcing the exclusion of this armor from PvP, or removing the invisibility ability.

Sniper Rifle
Sniper Rifle cannot even be argued as a fair weapon. The fact that Sniper Rifle only players can do so well is proof alone. The weapon is much too good, even with the low use-speed. The damage more than makes up for it.

I actually just had a conversation about this with Blanc. The end-result being that it should be banned until/if Rofle can make a way to edit damage, use-speed, and damage scaling. As it can then be balanced out with Stake Launcher and other poke-weapons.

[i]Frozen Turtle Shell[/i]
This is another one of those things that should obviously be banned. For one, 25% damage absorption is much too high, even if it only takes effect when under 50% life. If both players use it, it can make the battle 2/8 longer. When this item is in use, you’re basically forced to use it if your opponent is and has skill relative to yours, as it gives a 12.5% advantage.

Although there’s currently no way to ban accessories in only PvP apparently, I’ll be extremely happy when it finally goes.

Nebula Arcanum
I see no reason to ban this weapon. The damage is low and the projectiles slow. Sure, some people hide in the house and spam it, but this is easily counterable (yes, I’m aware “counterable” isn’t a word, I just find it rather fitting); just use a shield, or Solar Eruption to take the player out.

Proximity Mine Launcher
Why is this not already banned? Although not a problem in duels, as you can hear your opponent using it, track them down and Paladin’s Hammer spam them to death. The real problem of this weapon comes out in FFA. For one, it ruins arenas. Right off the bat, you can no longer touch the ground without having the possibility of taking massive damage due to stacked mines. The caves and house become basically useless, as do the honey pools, as that’s often where the mines are spammed. They’re also near invisible so that only adds to the headache that is the list of reasons PML should be banned.

I’d also like to add the suggestion of the Terra Blade.
The projectiles are fired at an insane rate, travel with too much initial velocity (that doesn’t even deplete over time!), the projectiles basically go in a straight line forever, the over-the-top damage doesn’t exactly help either. The blade of the sword is even worse. Get close to someone and hold it down, and bam! More than half the player’s health gone in a mere 2 seconds.
It can also be used in such a way that the projectiles stack up on top of each other, for a huge multi-hit.

1 Like

You really should have added this to the comments on my original thread. There was very little reason to make a second thread about this.

Don’t lie aves, we didn’t have a ‘convo’, we had a blood curdling argument that would have ended with each others hands at each others necks had I not resisted the urge to literally just go savage mode and relieve my frustration through roasting you as hard as possible :v
I still think Sniper should be outright banned, as I believe SBS and Heat Ray (alongside Stake Launcher and Pulse Bow) fit the bill perfectly for poke.

1 Like

Argument: “an exchange of diverging or opposite views”
Conversation: “the informal exchange of ideas by spoken words”
An argument is a type of conversation, I simply feel preferable towards labeling it as a conversation, as arguments tend to have too many negative connotations about them.

I was (as always) calm. I only used capitalization and language to add emphasis to my points. if you want to get me angry, try a little harder.

PS: blood-curdling* other’s*

1 Like

I said that as a joke to add emphasis to it Avery. I wasn’t really angry either. I was annoyed to say the least, but I wasn’t angry.

1 Like

Goes full Cloud-mode and spams “unnecessary” rating.

1 Like

I guess it’s time to bid farewells to combat until CTF comes up to be played in the meantime. Oh well, it had to happen, and it’s only for the best when weapons finally get server-side stats. We have faith in you, Rofle.

1 Like

Whats that supposed to mean Avery? D:

1 Like

CommonCloud. She’s kinda an inside joke when it comes to ratings.

1 Like

Ah ok

1 Like

One thing that can be added is cellphones/mirrors because of obvious reasons.

1 Like

What is the point? If someone uses that in a duel, they pretty much lose automatically with a disgrace, and if it is a FFA all-out brawl, then it is whatever: FFA in Terraria is not supposed to be fair at all times since targeting is chaotic and may fixate on one unlucky person, so the usage of mirror and its derivatives is understandable, even though it may seem not to be completely justified from all points of view.

TL;DR: You cannot fix a coward by removing one of their escape tools, nor can you force people to die in unfair battles.

1 Like

Piss off Kero, you couldn’t be more wrong about that. :expressionless: If someone uses that and warps them out of a duel arena then they automatically lose yes, but in FFA it’s an entire different story.
It’s not ‘whatever’ if they use it in PvP, it’s a giant piss off, and is super unfair.
Terraria PvP wasn’t intended to have any depth to it, but look how that ended up.
The whole point of banning items to make PvP more based on skill instead of spam and other things. If we leave unfair items left in the mix then it’s just luck and spam based. Honestly Kero, go away. You have such incorrect ‘opinions’ to the point where you’re basically walking into a jewish home and yelling ‘HAIL HITLER’
Seriously, take a fucking hint and keep your super disliked opinions to yourself.
Furthermore, a coward isn’t one who does nothing but run away, a coward is someone who is afraid to challenge or do anything bold or risky. Taking an escape tool away from a coward just gets rid of their escape options, thus increasing the chance of them doing that bold thing they’re so afraid of.
You can so easily force people to die in unfair battles, that’s how an unfair battle fucking works. If two people with Last Prisms duel, someone’s going to die wether you play like a coward or not.
Stop giving out false advice, Kerosene, I’m seriously fuckin sick of it.

1 Like

Why don’t you take all the salt deposits somewhere else and not force your opinion like you are a representative of the entire goddamn PvP community? I am likewise sick of that “badass of the world” attitude. Just stop thinking for once that whenever people disagree with you or even have a different view on the subject, they are fundamentally wrong instead of simply having a different opinion.

First and foremost, Terraria’s PvP is largely based on small communities where players know each other rather than random people every playing session, which means that new skilled or even semi-skilled combatants do not join in anywhere as frequently as in most popular multiplayer games. An absolute majority of folks who visit PvP can barely even do any damage.

Which leads exactly to the issue of cowardice. If a mirror user is one of those folks mentioned above, it is not a problem in the slightest: cannon fodder is no entertainment either way, and besides, death is inevitable for them no matter what they do. If the player is at least somewhat skilled (read: not terrible), however, it becomes some sort of a distinct mark and tells loudly that the said person plays dirty and is no fun. It does NOT mean that it is the ONLY way to employ cheap maneuvers: simply running away from a fair duel and/or spamming projectiles off-screen while actively avoiding the enemy are another such marks, and no item ban can possibly solve those cases, no matter how hard you try. There will always be people who play like cowards and item bans will only cause them to adapt and stitch their dirty sleeves, and they will be as annoying as before. It is not about items.

Teleportation items would only be a problem if PvP massively expanded to the level of competitive games where most players know what they are doing and all have the potential to kill you, but right now the mirror-like items are nothing more but a way to expose one’s inner coward self, especially since very few skilled people actually use them, if any. Even dirty players tend not to touch that teleport button, and if someone does, you do not have to play with them, as they are weak enough to be ignored altogether.

In short, if someone would be willing to use the mirror in fair combat, you would not want to play with those kinda persons even if the teleport itself was banned, as they would exploit anything else given the chance.

1 Like

Kero, Blanc is one of the best PvP masters I’ve ever known.
He made guides that even I could use!
While you…
You did nothing. I don’t even know who you are. But I agree with Blanc, mirrors are extremely unfair.

1 Like

We don’t need to worry about the [i]entire[/i] community. Only our community.
The point of DG’s PvP is to be [i]balanced[/i], and fun for the [i]majority[/i].

This is the point. We don’t want those people in our PvP experience. If they find another unfair tool for cowardice, we’ll simply remove that tool.

The use of teleportation item ticks off most PvPers. It’s a cheap tactic. This is bloody obvious. You should not be able to get low, run to the end of the map, use a teleportation item, then rinse and repeat until you’re at full life.

1 Like

" If a mirror user is one of those folks mentioned above, it is not a problem in the slightest"
You say that like anyone who is good will NEVER use magic mirror. The same thing was said about RoD, and that didn’t prove to be true for shit.

“cannon fodder is no entertainment either way, and besides, death is inevitable for them no matter what they do”
So first you get annoyed at me for throwing around my opinion, then you start to through around yours. Lol. Okay Kero.
Some people enjoy being amazing at PvP and constantly winning.

"There will always be people who play like cowards and item bans will only cause them to adapt and stitch their dirty sleeves, and they will be as annoying as before. It is not about items. "
Yeah that’s called having a set playstyle. However if you take away the items that said person has used to be a ‘coward’ then that person is bound to be less of a coward than before as a result of having all the items he/she uses to be a coward taken away from him. That’s how it fucking works. Items make a great deal, they don’t have no effect at all like you imply they do.

“Teleportation items would only be a problem if PvP massively expanded to the level of competitive games where most players know what they are doing and all have the potential to kill you, but right now the mirror-like items are nothing more but a way to expose one’s inner coward self”
Stop acting like a cunt, Kero, you make it sound like being a so called ‘coward’ is the worst thing in PvP, when it’s not really that bad of a thing :1 It’s not a good thing I agree, but it’s nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be. Tons of players do know what they are doing, and a good chunk of them do use teleportation items, so there goes what you just said.

“In short, if someone would be willing to use the mirror in fair combat, you would not want to play with those kinda persons even if the teleport itself was banned, as they would exploit anything else given the chance.”
Yeah we know, that’s why we want to ban it. If it’s annoying for just about everyone to play against, then why not just get rid of it to make PvP more enjoyable?

“and not force your opinion like you are a representative of the entire goddamn PvP community”
Sure I made it sound like that was the opinion of everyone which was my fault, but aside from that, of everyone who is a big figure in the PvP scene in Terraria right now, I hold the least debatable opinions of the rest of the players. My opinion on PvP is usually what the public agrees with, and usually for good reason. I’m not saying I’m the representative of the entire community, but what I am saying is I’m probably the closest person to being said representative.

" I am likewise sick of that “badass of the world” attitude"
I’m trying to act like a “badass of the world” How I act is how I act, I don’t intentionally act one way to come off as cool or anything.
If you think you’re sick of my attitude, you should jsut let me rant about your attitude.
Sadly I don’t want to go breaking the rules by constantly cursing at other players, so I’ll save you your dignity as a human being.

" Just stop thinking for once that whenever people disagree with you or even have a different view on the subject, they are fundamentally wrong instead of simply having a different opinion. "
I am aware I act like this, but I don’t really act like this to the point of which you’re describing. Once again, the way you act is like walking in on a 3 year old tea party and starting to setup a satanic ritual or something. If you have that taboo and disagreed with opinion, it’s better to keep it to yourself 9 times out of 10.

1 Like

Blanc, watch the profanity towards people, please. Let’s keep this civilized.

1 Like

Looks like trouble follows me wherever I go, but whatever, something is ought to keep the forums alive.

Regardless, this got overdramatized so quickly even I didn’t expect such violent escalation. While I do agree that teleportation is a lowly thing to do in case of fair combat, do that many people who have any skill exploit it? Mirror has been around for a long while now, but it has only been brought up just today and it exploded like a thermonuclear bomb. Oh well, looks like theoretical problems here are perceived as sharp as actual ones, which is also a valid approach.

1 Like

It hasn’t ever really been an issue because in the old arena, using magic mirror meant you were warped outside of the pvp zone, so you were missing out on kills itself, which is why it wasn’t banned to begin with. Other pvp servers banned it.
But now that there’s no spawn point outside of pvp, magic mirror is a serious annoyance with no real downside to it.

1 Like