PvP Command Abilities

Now I did actually have a similar thing made by Enerdy a while back, but because he, to my knowledge, dropped support of that plugin, I decided to venture on an adventure with these on my own.

There may be questions here, about ‘Balance’. I will welcome any feedback for balance. The idea is that you will pick one of the abilities listed when you first join the Trading System (current players will chose them when they release). The abilities are based on the faction you chose. At this point, 2 unique to each faction, and 1 present in both. The stats listed for each ability below are just a general pointer for the ability. The actual idea is that your ability will be weak when you first get it, but as you improve the ability by upgrading it, it will become stronger. The point is that these don’t provide any insta-kills or game-winning advantages, but rather an aid and fun addition to PvP. Note that, any damage dealt by these commands will not kill a person (intentionally), the plugin will look at the health of the player, and will try to make sure that after the damage, they have at least 1 HP.

Here’s my initial proposed list:

Command Abilities
[PvP]
Key:
GR - Genetic Rebellion
PR - (Dark) Precursors

/wish
Faction: GR
A player is granted a wish to regain 30% of their total HP over a period of 5 seconds. If before the timer is up, their current HP reaches their total HP, the effect will be cancelled.

Old Ability: A player wishes for 150 HP heal. It has a 50%75% chance to heal them for 150, and a 50% 25% to damage them for 150 damage (it will factor their defense). The outcome is revealed 8 seconds after the commands use. If the person is not in pvp, it will do nothing.

/divert [player]
Faction: PR
A player will divert the next attack done on them to another player. If the attacking player is the subject of divert, the attacker is healed instead of damaged. If the subject is not in pvp, no damage is dealt.

/curse
Faction: PR
Your next hit will curse a player. 25% of the players total HP is taken over a period of 7 seconds. If the player heals using a potion before the time is up, the curse is cancelled.

Old Ability: After 10 seconds, there is a 25% chance the player is damaged (for some amount). Otherwise, nothing happens.

/snipe [player]
Faction: GR/PR
The users next bullet damage is doubled if it hits the subject. If the next damage does not hit the subject, the snipe is cancelled.

/bond [player]
Faction: GR
The subject and user share a bond (only works if they’re on the same team). If one of them leaves the team, pvp or the server, the user or subject is ‘killed’ (1000 damage is dealt to the player). However, when a healing potion is used by one of the players, both players are healed.

There is one more. The reason this next one is here because I feel that it can significantly change the way you PvP:

RoD
Faction: GR/PR
The ability to use the Rod of Discord.

“But how would this ability be upgraded? What would it add?” you may ask. Well, the only way really is to provide a healing effect after using it. That is, it will heal a portion of the damage done when you use it while the debuff is active. Fully upgraded means that it would simply heal you for all the damage it deals.

So there is a few questions:
What do you think of the proposed list?
Should RoD be a Command Ability instead of a Cmd Item?
Do you have any Balance suggestions?
Do you have any ability suggestions?

2 Likes

Great ideas,
just a few ideas on each command and aspect.

/wish
While this is a good ability to use at times I don’t think it will be useful, especially in the current PvP arena we have, due to the fact that it is a 50% chance to do damage and only with an outcome after 8 seconds (which is extremely long on a 1v1 scenario). I dont think I will see myself using this in PvP just for the fact that I will be required to stop and type a command which may not even be used as I may just die in the next 2-3 seconds. Maybe increasing the chance of being healed to 75% and the time be halved.

/divert [player]
A similar use as black belt/MNG, I am unsure of what it means If the attacking player is the subject of divert, the attacker is healed instead of damaged. Does this mean that the attacker gets healed for the damage dealt to the person who used /divert? Or does it mean the person being attacked is healed? Also how many times can the command be used, otherwise one could spam this command in pvp.

/curse [player]
How much damage will be dealt? And in what case will this command be useful? As in at what time could I use this command to attack someone as 10 seconds is quite a while especially with only a 25% chance meaning that 3/4 times the command will be useless.

/snipe [player]
This command could prove to be very lethal for those who face sniper users and could pose to be a very dangerous command. Would a cooldown be placed for this too? As I picture a player using this consistently to one shot players (as sniper is often 300+ damage which would make it 600+) assuming he/she is able to aim and the target doesn’t move.

/bond [player]
Not sure how this one will work. That 1000 damage though, daym.

And lastly

RoD
I personally believe this should be returned as something anyone could use instead of having a CMD for it, a slot that could be used for something else is instead placed upon the use for an item that anyone could have. It is a bit unfair for newer players who have to face PvPers who consistently use RoD to gap close from across the screen and kill them whilst they are being sent back when they use it.
The healing portion however could mean that a player use RoD to the point where he/she is teleporting around the arena like crazy, which defeats the purpose of RoD’s debuff and basically a ,l, to the developers who placed it in.
However RoD is very debatable and I honestly don’t mind the changes for it (as long as it isn’t removed)

I may have misinterpreted or made some mistakes along the lines of posting this, in any case feel free to correct me.

1 Like

Sounds cool, as long as there is a suitable cooldown based on how op the cmd is. Oh and why did rod get banned, you may have wrote it somewhere before, if so sry.

1 Like

So I have a few questions, is this based off of the 4 teams that are already available(yellow,green,blue,and red) or is this two new entire teams? And will there be the ability to not choose a faction or is this required? Also, I hope this isn’t too much to ask for but, could you make two more factions so that each of the four natural teams get one?

1 Like

@PhantomAlpha
Ok well the first thing that probably causes a lot of confusion is cooldowns. These are abilities, so naturally they will have cooldowns for use. You will also have the ability to bind the ability to a key or weapon. Some of the keys are sent to the server (such as the ‘up’ key, default is ‘W’) which means you won’t have to type the command out, and when the cooldown is over, it can be used again. These are not going to be spammed, but will aid you.

In reply to your criticism and questions:
/wish
As I said above, your issue with typing it has been addressed. The whole idea is that the player with this ability will need to hide or run to get the heal. I agree that may 75% instead will make it more viable.

/divert [player]
Basically, this command gets the next damage dealt to you and applies that damage to the subject, aka the [player]. However, if the [player] is the person that damaged you, they will get healed. So if you damage someone who is trying to divert the next damage to you, it will heal you. This isn’t like MNG because there is no invincibility after the hit, and the damage is dealt, even if it is to someone else.

/snipe [player]
Cooldown issue addressed too. Note that it is only on a specific player. You will have to damage that player next, otherwise the snipe is cancelled.

/bond [player]
Yes the point is that it is a “bond”, hence why if it is broken, you (are supposed to) die. How it works? What part don’t you understand?

RoD
The healing is to make the ability viable against the others, and to provide an actual upgrade for it.

@TheInfestr
The Factions are a story-driven extension to the Trading System. They’re to make the whole leveling and such have a point, and provide a stand point for any RP. The in-game teams have nothing to do with the Factions. If you don’t want to choose a faction, then so be it; it’s not a requirement, but you will miss some awesome things.

2 Likes

Ohhhhh ok, well, can we still choose not to join one and have just like generic RoD without the upgrades and stuff like that? Cuz otherwise it’ll be just like another game I had played but got bored of.

Ok nvm on my part I just now refreshed the second part of your message to me

1 Like

It’s seems like you’re creating these commands based on your favor. These PvP commands will give a huge disadvantage to those who aren’t a crew member. Although this does seem like an amazing Idea, you need to make it more ideal. Something you can start by is to make the commands more realistic. /snipe, Seriously? That would kill anyone regardless of their armor.

1 Like

All of what you have just said agrees with the basis of both snipe and these abilities. Secondly, I think you really need to read up on things before you provide such feedback. What has being Crew got to do with these abilities?

2 Likes

So another question, will the upgraded RoD be like a R9/10 cmd item? Or if an ability how will that work out?

1 Like

Well the current state of options for the RoD is as follows:
[ul][li]Leave it as it is[/li][li]Remove it as a Cmd Item, and make it available to everyone (Trading Member or Simply Member)[/li][li]Turn it into an ability, which will be apart of the choice a player gets after picking a faction[/li][/ul]

2 Likes

I vote ability,

1 Like

I’ll speak about the whole PvP commands abilities later. Right now I only want to say, that I’d make the RoD available to all members, BUT if they get RoD “command”.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean "BUT if they get RoD “command” ?

2 Likes

In others words: make the RoD available on the same rules, with exception that it will include non-Crew members.

1 Like

non-Crew members can get RoD; the RoD command item is obtainable by Trading Members. Or is that now what you meant?

2 Likes

Oh man… I completely forget… My thinking was from before the change, when only Crew members could use RoD. Eh, sorry for unnecessary posts…

1 Like

The main reason for suggesting RoD as an ability is as follows; The RoD itself can change the way a PvP match/duel is handled. With the knowledge that the RoD can be used, a melee player can keep safe from a ranger’s bullets and arrows by simply teleporting near them, allowing the melee player to deal damage at the same time or close to the same time, as the ranged player can.

Further, I will take this to a scenario, so I can compare the other abilities here with the RoD to show that there is a balance of it being an ability.

Imagine this scenario:
There is a pyramid shape, with a melee player on one side and a ranger on the other, neither are near the top. Without the RoD or any abilities listed, there are a few things the players can do.

Most note-ably, the ranger has more options than the melee player. The ranger can use candy corn, jack 'O Lantern, meteor shots and pulse bow, there may be other viable options, but these are the ones that I’ll use for this example. The Ranged Weapons listed can all go to the top of the pyramid, and back over the other side to damage the melee player (the meteor shots cannot if there is nothing to let it bounce back).

However, as far as I know (in terms of actually using melee weapons), the Scourge is the only option for the melee player, given that both players are simply standing still. But this is expected right? Melee is for close range.

I’m sure that players may see this current scenario as biased towards the ranger, because naturally, the ranger has the ability to use several weapons, to deal damage (more so than scourge), especially when at stand still.

Let’s add RoD:
Now with the RoD, the melee player instantly gains a new advantage. The melee player can now simply teleport (w/RoD) over to the other side, and use their melee weapon to kill the Ranger. Note that, the Rangers projectiles are not coming back on him/her, so he/she is not protected by any sort of projectile spam. At this point though, it seems the melee player is at a higher advantage, because their weapons are quick, and geared for close combat, unlike (most) of the Rangers weapons. If both players teleport though, we are given the same scenario, because now they’re just on opposite ends.

Ok, so the Melee guy has RoD, let’s give the Ranger “Snipe”!
So yes, while a Ranger could use the RoD instead of another ability, it’s probably only good at running rather than actually fighting. Many of you probably know of said ‘running’ from players like me. The best asset of a Ranged player is his/her ability to run; stay out of range of a melee player, and you can suffer no loss. But now with the RoD, it only works to an extent.

I mentioned “Snipe” as double damage for bullets. However, we’re comparing the base RoD ability (which means no additions other than the RoD itself), so we’re going to compare the base Snipe ability as well; this means that I’m going to have to provide a base value. The base Snipe Ability deals 1.3x bullet damage. The Base Damage displayed on my sniper when standing still is 425 (with a mostly damage-based setup, not accounting for bullet damage). With a defense of 100, it will be reduced by 50. So we now sit at 375 base damage, not accounting for any damage reduction beetle buffs. 375*1.5 = 487.5. And by that time, and shortly after with the cooldown of the sniper, the ranger has taken ~200 damage. So the field (Both players have Life Force, and were fully healed; 600 HP) is set at Ranger 400 HP, Melee 112.5 HP (I don’t know how this rounds). So of course, if the sniper can hit first time, and setup the snipe before the teleport, the Ranger can end up in a good position. But then the Melee player can just decide not to teleport. Forcing the Ranger to potentially waste the snipe (remember that it is cancelled by non-bullet damage, in other words, if he/she starts using candy or whatever to hit the Melee Player from the other side, then his snipe will cancel). After the wasted snipe, the Melee player is then in the position to RoD. In theory, these are quite balanced.

There is a lot of information here, and I may have gotten something wrong. But it is a pretty well explained reason as to why RoD is considered as an Ability.

In reference to the use of the “Frost Hydra”, it is possible that this weapon could also be an ability. Because I also feel this weapon is pretty powerful, even for non-mage players.

2 Likes

these are just a few of my ideas. I could come up with more :smiley:
[soul share]any faction) you and your opponent both take half dmg from either players atk. lasts for 15 seconds cooldown 30 seconds.

[vanisher]PR) after taking over 100 dmg from one atk you get teleported to a spot near the person who delt the dmg. then you become invisible of a small price of 10 less defence . lasts for 10 seconds cooldown 45 seconds.

[team boost] GR) you need 3 members of GR to be in pvp. all players buffs go to each other and all you defences go to the
player’s with the medium defence. lasts for 20 seconds. cooldown 45 seconds.

also how would the [bond]work, would they both get potion sickness??

1 Like

How’s this plan faring? I just read this and it seems awesome. What is the background on the two factions though? What are they exactly? Stating the theme would help people imagine some other cool abilities members of the group can have.

1 Like

Dark Precursors are a Faction from the Precursor species. Genetic Rebellion are the enslaved humans, who had, after being exposed to the Dark Precursors population control bio-weapon, eventually had genetic differences that made them better; the “Abilities”. There is a story about the Dark Precursors, but it was all written in one session and has no intent of being released yet.

I made some changes to “/wish” and “/curse” to take out the randomness. Note that the values displayed are not final and do not represent the base values either. These are simply values to imagine what the ability would do.

2 Likes