PvE kicks you for using Fire Gauntlet. "Added buff to NPC abnormally"

Platform: PC
Dimension: PvE
In-Game account: Augustina
Occurrence Interval: Always
Media showing bug:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kkcyek9NgABvDRAF06alAntoBYe-Tuv_/view?usp=sharing

Note: It kicks me, regardless of the boss.

3 Likes

This is a TShock Bouncer bug(Bouncer is TShock’s anti-cheat). You should report it to them instead.

4 Likes

Understood.

3 Likes

I thinks it’s because in 1.4.1, relogic buffed debuffs from some accessories and armor sets, example frost armor’s armor set, which frostburn from it deals 15 dmg instead of 2, fire gauntlet which was buffed to 5 instead of 1, and Mostlikey the tshock system doesn’t recognize the debuffs inflicted upon enemies and decides to kick you for thinking you are using an illegal buff. Example like using the healing/dmg/mana Regen nebulas by doing /buff

3 Likes

Mhm, this isn’t new.

This topic in Help and Support was on the same thing, and the response I made here still holds true as of current. Berserker’s Glove ( Berserker's_Glove ) and Mechanical Glove ( Mechanical_Glove ) are alternatives to use.

4 Likes

To explain the bug:

Before 1.4.1, the Fire Gauntlets only inflicted On Fire!. Now, it inflicts Hellfire.
Hellfire is not recognized as a debuff which can normally be inflicted upon NPCs, since this was not possible before 1.4.1, and the plugins haven’t updated to address a plethora of new changes and additions in 1.4.1. Therefore, players are kicked for cheating when they “added buff to NPC abnormally”.

6 Likes

Well for us mobile players, we can use the Fire Gauntlet and it wont kick us. And nyes I see why. We’re in the normal 1.4. You PC players are in 1.4.1.2 I believe…

3 Likes

Fixed as of: