Project..... T?

I guess we’ll go with Project T as a name to begin with…
So, there’s this one really really cool game franchise called Super Smash Brothers, right? Basically everyone has to have heard of this game as it’s like the biggest game ever. Thing is, the competative community was kinda in uproar with the release of Super Smash Bros Brawl, as it was TERRIBLE in comparism to Melee, so, instead of just waiting for the next smash to come out, the community decided to take action. Thus, Project M was born. What is Project M? Here, I’ll grab the description for you.
Project M is the premier Brawl modification inspired by Super Smash Bros. Melee’s gameplay designed to add rich, technical gameplay to a balanced cast of characters while additionally enhancing the speed of play. Project M employs new codes which seamlessly add in new, universal features to the entire cast to add technical variety to all characters.
So basically, Project M is a mash of Brawl and Melee that was made by the community for the community.
Terraria should do this. Nuff said.
I think that I speak for the community when I say that 1.1 and 1.2 had FAR better PvP than 1.3 did, so why don’t we take those and combine them with some of the aspects that 1.3 did correct to make a whole different game/server? Sure it’s quite a tough thing to do since we’re just one small community, but I’m sure we could get support from other servers, other communitys, and other people and such.

So, who’s with me on the idea for ‘Project T’?
Turbo Mode not included
inb4 kickstarters

More Project M shenanigans

This thread has been posted on the following forums:
Dark Gaming
Jupiter
Aurora
Teeria Legends

2 Likes

To be honest 1.1 PvP wasn’t that great either…

2 Likes

Mmh, I can see why a lot of people would think that, however, 1.1 was enjoyed, and it did some things right. That’s besides the point though.

2 Likes

i agree, all 1.3 has done is add laggy, spammy weapons.

2 Likes

I agree as well, I miss 1.2.0.4 PvP, it was so much more balanced than 1.3 PvP.

2 Likes

I dearly miss 1.2.4, as that was the best for me, where I spent the majority of my time pvping, as I was only pvping by 1.2.3,
but alas, 1.2.4 is gone so R.I.P. my friends Heat Ray, SBS, Razorpine, etc., you will be missed ;w; I will hopefully be playing a large part in Project T, and anyone who would like to help, please do. for the sake of the pvp community. thank you all.

I dearly miss 1.2.4, as that was the best for me, where I spent the majority of my time pvping, as I was only pvping by 1.2.3,
but alas, 1.2.4 is gone so R.I.P. my friends Heat Ray, SBS, Razorpine, etc., you will be missed ;w; I will hopefully be playing a large part in Project T, and anyone who would like to help, please do. for the sake of the pvp community. thank you all.

2 Likes

Double post is op

2 Likes

Although I do not PvP often due to the loss of DP when I die, I will support your efforts for the sake of making the server a better place. Good luck with the enhancements

2 Likes

Eh, Why not, im on board, have fun Blanc. PvP could use a good…change.

2 Likes

Okay, so, after talking with Kered a bit and thinking a bit on my own, I think I’m going to turn this into a sort of server. I apologize if this counts as a form of advertisement, as advertising this as a server was not my intent, I instead wanted to advertise this idea as a whole, not as a server. Unless Rofle, or any other admin sees this as a form of advertisement, I will use this as an update thread to let the community know what I’m currently working on.

2 Likes

Best of luck to you Blanc! Can’t wait to see what you have planned :slight_smile:

2 Likes
So far, all we've really gotten done as a group is decide what we would like to see in the future for this. After talking some more, we decided that instead of making it its own individual server, we'd like to make this a type of sub server for all the big servers (Aurora, DG, Jup, maybe SR) The mirror and GM server is a good example. This is kind of what we are shooting for. The server will be SSC, /i won't be available to public, and all the weapons in the chests will be altered to balance them. For example, we're thinking of making the Tsunami slower and making some of the shotbows faster, as well as giving the excalibur a great prefix, while giving most swords with more damage than it bad prefixes. We're going to keep the 6 accessory part of 1.3, we are going to give Hallowed armor something like a guarding prefix, while giving most other armors no prefixes at all. These are the types of changes we are trying to make in order to balance the 1.1 and 1.2 PvP.

rip 1.3 nobody likes you
Furthermore, Kered and I are trying to find people whom are willing to help test these things in PvP. We might just start with a vanilla server with all the items given to you, and have everyone PvP. Point is, we’re looking for beta testers.
If anyone is interested, give me a shout out here, or on steam or something.
Last but not least, I’m going to create a Skype group and get as many “Beta Testers” in the group as soon as possible, so I don’t have to post things like this too often.
I’m afraid of getting in trouble because of advertising tbh.
PS: don’t ask to be a beta member unless you know you have the time to test.
PPS: Please, don’t ask if you’re one of those people whom only goes to one server, and you’re fully committed to that server. I have the greatest respect for Rofle and his server, and I seriously don’t want to split up his trust with people, nor his trust with me, all because of my silly idea.

2 Likes

I would totally have the time to beta test and try out the PvP! If…I wasn’t laggy as balls, so I wouldn’t be of much use, unless I could make my mac less laggy and actually use a mouse?
-the problem is my wifi-

2 Likes

Chilling Frostbite has talked with me about becoming a beta tester.

2 Likes

I could help test the PvP as well if you want.

2 Likes

As I am completely dedicated to DG, I will not ask to be a beta-tester, but if you ever need me, I’ll be happy to help. You most likely won’t, since I started PvP in 1.3 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’d actually really like to get you to help Avery. Since you have only ever really pvped during 1.3, it would be nice to introduce you to a more 1.2/1.1 style of PvP. Of course, since you’re a mod, I won’t ever ask you to come help me with anything, instead, I’d ask you to let me know whenever you’re available and not doing anything, as that would work better.

I forgot to mention, If you’d like to beta test, it’d be optimal if you had Skype, and that you shared it with me, so I can add you to the group. It’s for smaller discussions and things. dw voice calls aren’t a present thing you have to do :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I would help with testing, but I’m not sure if I’d be any use as I’m garbage at it

2 Likes

Eh, I’m pretty sure I might be able to help, but I don’t have a lot of experience with pvp below 1.3.

2 Likes

We now have our own server! It’s currently under construction though, so don’t expect much of it.
IP : gm.dark-gaming.com
Port : 3000
Despite the IP being the same as the GameModes server, it is NOT just another branch of DG. The chat is linked with the other servers, but the server itself runs completely differently when compared to the other servers!

2 Likes