Problems With English

But… Do they really?

5 Likes

Yeah, some Japanese kanji is pretty stupid.

3 Likes

Many Japanese words have stupid roots too.

3 Likes

Also, some Chinese characters are downright unrecognizable.

5 Likes

I need you to give me exact numbers here.

6 Likes

I don’t speak or write Chinese, Japanese, or Arabic, but I do know people and have read/watched others complain about these languages.

4 Likes

For example, did you know that some Kanji are borrowed Chinese characters? Because of this, they have Onyomi and Kunyomi readings (Chinese and Japanese readings). They are ways to read the same character differently, making them have different pronunciations and definitions depending in the context they are read.

4 Likes

Have you watched others complain about English?

6 Likes

Yep, I certainly have.
It’s quite popular amongst English speakers.

I too, am one of those people who complain about the English language.

4 Likes

Ag3nt needs to summon the EoL.

(eater of languages)

4 Likes

I can say that english is way easier than spanish…

Even that spanish is my main language

4 Likes

That’s why English is easy. Imagine you know no language at all and try to learn English.

5 Likes

in other words, preschool?

also ran out of likes rip

5 Likes

Disregarding similarities and distinctions between different languages, I heard Korean is one of the easier languages to learn.

3 Likes

Well, I know Arabic is complicated, but only to make saying it easier. I can read it but I don’t know lots of words in Arabic.

3 Likes

About the incredible-credible issue—that actually isn’t an issue at all. Incredible means “impossible to believe”, and the word’s structure matches up: credible means believable, and in, when used as a prefix here, means not. Incredible literally means “not believable”, as in something so amazing or miraculous that it isn’t even believable.

The fear of palindromes has no official term and therefore your issue with the unofficial word is technically not a problem with the English language.

It isn’t just the English alphabet that’s ordered.

I don’t really see the issue or weirdness with letters being capable of silence.

3 Likes

Honestly, if the English language was more consistent, I think it’d be a worse language.

On that subject, check this video out:

4 Likes

English is the best language because you can explain so many different things in so many different ways. So I approve of this quote.

5 Likes