Player input regarding the zombies map pool

Hello Zombie players

I have a suggestion to make.
The current maps in the pool are either outdated* or not coming up in the map pool regularly. There are a total of 38+7(+5) maps in the current pool The 5 maps are not on the list atm.

Now talking about the regular maps, ill just quickly list them

1. Beach house
  2. Catacombs
  3. Delivery
  4. Hill House
  5. Miners Deciet
  6. Lunar Mineshafts
  7. Glass Castle
  8. Mystic Library
  9. Cryptic Castle
  10. Pirate Harbor
  11. Fiery Crags
  12. Bio Clusters
  13. Snow Ruins
  14. Topaz mall
  15. Untimely Exploration
  16. Candyland

These are the most frequently chosen maps by the system as far as I know. ( You guys are more then free to suggest me some more that I might have forgotten about ).

Considering the recent state of the zombies game mode, the frequent lag spikes and mostly the dropping connection issue might be repaired by lowering the load on the server. (I MIGHT be wrong about this).

For this, lowering the amount of maps that the server needs to handle MIGHT make it less frequent ( Again, needs validation from someone)

So, I need you guys to vote for the maps you want removed from the pool, Either due to being dead or not being liked by the player base.

Here’s what I am going to do.
Each day ill post 10 maps, The one with the most votes will be removed from the pool, Remember, We’re not voting for the vote only queue, that will remain as it is

According to that, I will make a google doc, accessible for all to view. Then once all the maps are done, We will TRY to convince the admins about executing the list.

The number of maps doesn’t affect the load on the server. Limiting the map pool would be more a suggestion about having a rotating pool of maps than to fix any issues with performance. We are not currently sure exactly what is affecting the server beyond seeing some issues with connecting to the database.

7 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. My primary intention in suggesting this was to help reduce the lag spikes. Since we’ve established that the map pool isn’t the cause, I Suggest implementing a rotating map pool could be a good idea, but only after we’ve resolved the current lag issues.

4 Likes

I agree that rotating map pools is a great idea, but i’d rather see all maps categorised into map groups (maps can be in multiple of these at once) depending on their theme or unique assets, and each month there are only like 2 map groups worth of maps to be voted and played upon, which also rotate every month. Thats just my thoughts there

6 Likes

I’ve already gotten a version of this approved(though the groups are randomly chosen rather than handpicked) internally, but i haven’t gotten around to working on it

6 Likes

Well I propose inability to play maps that are not part of the chosen groups in non-mb/custom lobbies, dunno whether that has been made clear

3 Likes