Party system

Party system
In some games, there is party system which allows to play together much easier as everyone automatically follow 1 player. Idea is:
(/party can be shortened to /p)
/party c[reate] - create new party.
/party l[eave] - leave current party
/party role <l[eader]/i[nvite]/m[ember]> <name> - assign a role to a specific user:

• Member - cant join dimensions, amongst party commands has only /p l, and /pc
  • Invite - also gains /p i
  • Leader - has access to all party commands and to join dimensions (may be multiple of them)

/party k[ick] <name> - kicks from party
/party i[nvite] <name> - invites user to party (default role - member)
/party d[isband] - kicks everyone from party, including person who wrote this command (aka deletes party) (if all party leaders leave, party automatically deletes itself)
/p[arty]c[hat] - sends message to all members of party, separate from normal chat
/party a[uto]v[ote] - toggles autovote, which is off by default. If on, prevents all members from voting, and, instead, all votes are same as the most recent leader’s
/party col[or] <team color, may be white, red, blue, pink, yellow and green> - if in Survival, Build and, if teams accessible in PvE, there too, sets all members of party to a specific team.
/party w[arp] - forcejoins (if possible) all members to a dimension, from where this command was entered, as well as sets their team color or autovotes (if possible)

Some additional info:
If dimension is full, but some members are joining, the most recent ones who joined party are staying in their dimension.

what is this? vote for what?

2 Likes

Zombies maps.

3 Likes

Yeah, voting for zmaps

3 Likes

autovote and warp seem like weird things to have. I don’t see them serving much purpose and they’re easily abusable

2 Likes

I mean if you want, you can simply leave party anytime you want. Also warp useful when someone glitched, for example, or person could not join lobby cuz it was full, someone leaves, and, since person cant join lobby, you can /p w. Or, for example, you are in game, and someone wants to join you. You simply invite to party and /p w and they are here with you

2 Likes

That does not justify giving the ability to normal members, or to the party system at all. The same can be achieved through other means that are already well established, i.e. unglitching by rejoining

2 Likes

No particular regards to the details, but fyi a party system is planned for the next major gamemodes update because it will require users to be requeue after each match

3 Likes