Non-instant respawn timer

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Respawn timer

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
Adjust the respawn time to a duration ranging from 5 to 10 seconds, eliminating the instant respawn feature.

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
Implementing a non-instant respawn timer not only intensifies the consequences of death, enhancing the overall FFA experience by reducing player congestion and alleviating lag. Additionally, it eliminates the concept of revenge kills, allowing players ample time to retreat to a safe area and recover.

Furthermore, this adjustment serves as a valuable learning tool for newcomers in PvP gameplay. Unlike instant respawn timers, which negate the significance of deaths, a timed respawn period imparts meaningful consequences, encouraging players, especially beginners, to grasp PvP more effectively.

A timed respawn contributes to a smoother pacing in FFA, enabling one-on-one battles to be more controllable. This restricts the rapid re-entry of other players into these encounters, preserving the integrity of such battles.

1 Like

I like the suggestion, unfortunately as a PvPManager, I can’t control this. I’ll ask and see if this is possible though.

8 Likes

YOO, we got a POSITIVE RESPONSE!

7 Likes

Never before seen

6 Likes

5 Likes

I like the idea but at the same time it would get kinda frustrating to have to wait for a respawn every time you die. I could see a respawn timer for Survival but having to wait on a respawn on PvP would be kinda useless if someone just spawn camps.

5 Likes

I think a way to get around the spawn camping issue would be to make the respawn I-frames you receive after exiting the spawn box longer so spawn camping would be much harder.

4 Likes

I don’t agree with this suggestion, it will mess with duels in general

5 Likes

Is there a way to make the timer not apply for duel spawn points?

3 Likes