Nightmare Mode Arena for PvE

So - the new boss damage buffs + multipliers.

No idea if they are intended to be permanent or in a state of testing at the moment, but we can put them to good use. We (Me and a group of other players) can design a dedicated arena where the current “Nightmare” bosses can be fought in with ease. The Nightmare bosses should provide more DP when fighting them and should have their damage modifiers kept. Also Rofle - the thing you did with Golem (with the multiple lasers out of the head) should be kept in this arena.

I believe this is necessary as currently they are way too powerful; new players are getting oneshot and complaining, even with 158 defense and ~20% d/r you can die from 1 single contact hit. I believe this will deter new players from PvE or even the server itself, as a lot of people play solely for PvE.

Yes, with a 158 Defense (178 while guarding), and ~37% DR Build, it was still one shotting. These changes should be made over to a ‘Nightmare mode’ Arena, as regular players just don’t appreciate wanting to fight a boss than immediately get one shot by basically any Hard Mode boss.

3 Likes

Not sure if it’s actually viable to do a separate arena. The problem is that there is a difficulty multiplier, but it doesn’t work for everything, so to patch it requires multiplying everything on the server. It would be easier as a sub-dimension clone of PvE.

3 Likes

That would work too - /nightmarepve to join or something. I feel like the arena should be changed/edited, I’m pretty sure Aquatic and a few others were already working on that

2 Likes