Nerf Solar Eruption

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Solar Eruption

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
severely reduce it’s damage.

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
This weapon consistently has an inconsistent hitbox, seemingly regardless of whether or not the player using it has a high ping or not. Many players including myself have expressed frustration with playing against this weapon due to it’s inconsistency. I don’t feel as though the meta would be seriously hurt by its removal from the meta. It largely ends up punishing players who play against it, by having them be forced to stay outside of its range, with it’s range being inconsistent and it’s damage being high enough to be forced to be wary of it.

[Anything else you would like to note]
I’d prefer to have less wall piercing weapons anyhow, and Flying Dragon and Stellar tune are much more fair and consistent anyhow.

these 2 weapons are the most annoying weapons in pvp

4 Likes

I disagree with (almost) everything you said.
solar eruption (imo) is in a ok spot compared to other weapons of same purpose right now. its hitbox can only be inconsistent because of lag. thats the only reason i know. I understand u dont use that weapon (so you feel its ok to remove it from the meta) but alot of other P v Pers do.
You say that it forces u to be outside of its range but stellar tune and flying dragn offer longer range than SEruption. and they both fire more often.

6 Likes

I appreciate the thoughts, just wanted to share some screenshots of what I’m talking about with this weapon.
bruhlag

3 Likes

I appreciate your screenshots. I believe what youre showing is just lag. thats no reason to nerf single weapon because a lot of weapons can benefit from lag extremely in specific scenarios

if were going by the same logic then we may aswell nerf phammer too. because lag makes that weapons range very unclear

i hope u can see the point im making here. SEruption doesnt need a nerf. if your frustrated against laggy melee players then just dont fight them

6 Likes

I completely agree with your point.

6 Likes