Nerf Snowman Cannon

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Snowman Cannon

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
Nerf it by 10-20 damage, lowering min and max damage caps as needed.

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
Snowman Cannon is way too op. Any player can spam it due to its autofire, causing incredible lag for lower-end clients (like in my case), and being pretty annoying for upper-end clients. Additionally, its explosions are invisible for some reason, as are some of the projectiles that it fires, resulting in invisible damage for apparently no reason. Also, it does damage, LOTS of damage. A weapon with invisible AoE, autofire, high damage, and absolutely no required skill to use shouldn’t be so op.

[Anything else you would like to note]
N/A

The only thing that makes snowman cannon annoying is if you’re by walls and the player has high ping.
Just don’t go near walls and you’ll be fine. stop bumping into things.
Yes, those players are annoying but you can beat them with ease if you know what to do in that situation.

I don’t feel that Snowman Cannon is in need of a nerf.

8 Likes

Though the Snowman Cannon certainly does boast a high damage cap while also having autofire and a large AoE, I wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s overpowered. The actual rocket projectiles have a rather small hitbox, and compounded with the fact that they’re rather slow, I wouldn’t rank the Snowman Cannon amongst the most annoying spammable weapons out there.

8 Likes

This did not need to be addressed here Glasia, this is something you talk with Nate and Crane about via PM. It feels as though you are “stirring the pot” so to say, or creating unnecessary conflict that could otherwise be avoided publicly.

When you say things like:

and

it feels as if you are talking down to us, despite not being in a staff position. I worry that this may additionally become a problem if you become a moderator, be mindful of this. We must choose our wording wisely and have our intended message clear. Not every interaction needs to be so uptight and formal either, there is a time and place for everything.

11 Likes

These wise words I will keep in mind. I immediately deleted the reply and sent a DM to Crane as I saw that.

8 Likes