Nerf bosses in pve

They deal so much damage that even with my tanky stuff and 130 defense still die in 1 or 2 shot, but dont nerf their health :))) . Their health makes me satisfied like im killing SCal

well it gives a good challenge

4 Likes

I read this as SoCal, or Southern California and I was like “wat”

2 Likes

Even back in 1.3.5, PvE was hardly a threat at all to any players in terms of damage that they dealt. It still took some active effort and aiming in order to kill bosses, even if they could hardly threaten you. However, 1.4 escalated player power to the moon and beyond with the introduction of the Zenith, which meant that not only could players quite literally just leave their keyboard because hardly anything could threaten them, it also enabled players to kill anything at a comically fast rate. Hence, the boss buffs were added so that the bosses could actually threaten players flying at 83 MPH, dealing upwards of tens of thousands of damage per second, and could normally shrug off any hit from the boss in question.

If their damage was reduced and their extra health was kept around, the same problem would appear; the fact that the bosses cannot threaten players in PvE since players are allowed to bring in their own equipment would make it almost entirely pointless to play.

5 Likes

I personally think they need a damage nerf considering the fact that I used a tank character one time with almost 200 def and nearly 75% damage reduction, I still get killed in 1 or 2 shots.
This makes it so that the only viable class is melee and the only viable weaps are zenith and (possibly phantasm)

3 Likes

The primary reason why bosses are so powerful in PvP is to dissuade easy DP/Exp farming.

In 1.3, before they were so powerful, it was commonplace to farm bosses. Indeed, some players were even banned for AFK farming in PvE.

Of course, these problems are only accentuated with the introduction of 1.4, hence why they were buffed and probably will never be nerfed.

3 Likes

AFK farming… in pve??

Wow it must have been different back then

2 Likes

It certainly was.

King Slime and Golem in particular were farmed a lot.

1 Like

I do like the fact that bosses have calamity style hp tho
Not that I would know much about terraria mods cuz I’m mobile player

2 Likes

All the bosses are tough, but can all be feasibly defeated (except the EoL).

2 Likes

Lol except the eol
I’m just saying that I feel like because of the bosses crazy stats I feel like zenith is the only viable option

3 Likes

the health of a any boss is 100 thousand plus

3 Likes

Even in mobs 1-5 shots of any enemy you will die

2 Likes

It is the only viable option.

This has been the case since 2015. Boss health scales per player count in expert mode and master mode.
This is an old tool you can use to check the health scaling of 1.3 bosses:
output.jsbin.com/neloxon

More specifically, increased NPC damage prevent tanking, which is essential for DP/Exp Farming.

2 Likes