My story on DG

Hello, folks,

I am now leaving DG to move on to my next challenge. Before departing, I’d like to tell you how my presence on DG went and write you here a timeline of me being on DG.

After the distance learning chaos when I was in 11th grade (in German HS the 11th grade is equivalent to freshman as you have 4 elementary school + 6 middle school years before if you intent to go to HS) I have rediscovered Terraria at the end of April 2021 and after a playthrough on classic in mixed class on Terraria mobile 1.4.0.5 of 45 hours I wanted to try to play on a server.

I searched the server list and some servers were inaccessible due to old info or due to “Not the same version as the server”. Dark Gaming worked fine for mobile and somewhere around May 01 2021 I registered my account on DTP. At the first I came often to PVP and was on about 1:30 hours a day. In PVP on mobile I just spammed 3 weapons: Demon Scythe, Bat Scepter and Inferno fork.

I was quickly linked to the forum to read the rules and lurked for a month on the forums unregistered until I registered my forum account on June 03 2021. Over the next few days I saw multiple entries of the N word but the first report I had the guts to make was when someone was spamming the chat. I reported for a while.

On July 11 2021 I was suggested to join the discord server to do the reports, I joined the discord, however I continued to do the reports on the forum. Back then until Aug 16 2021 the most reported offence was hacking items to survival.

I reported a regular on Aug 11 2021 for 999 chlorophyte bars in survival but they used that that I reported much for a joke by grinding 30 hours for the chlorophyte. Another user told me to shut up but Rofle thankfully intervened and resolved the situation. Four days later Suplerbz told that they were apparently removed from Phase. I initially thought that they accidentally pressed the minus symbol next to their name so I readded them. They got removed and I got removed for readding Suplerbz, Madofado was removed for readding me and Grim Wind was removed for readding Madofado. As that was not mentioned in the rules I only knew that after some person told about the readding ban in discord.

After three weeks, on Sep 06 2021 I got unbanned from Phase. About 2 weeks later I got reported by Kishou for minimodding. Reacting to the report I immediately made a premature ban appeal because I thought due to the many offences I would have gotten banned because if you swear five times it is 90% a ban. Blanc told me that it was unnecessary.

A week after the report, on Sep 26 2021 I submitted the submission of the zombies map Topaz Mall. After 3 months and 23 tests it got published on Dec 31 2021. During the testing I filed my moderator application on Nov 25 2021. Back then I did not know it would take a very very long time. Soon afterwards I together with people with more building experience to spice the map up, made the next zombie map, the Demonic Golf Club which was a bit quicker, as it took only about 6 weeks until Feb 16 2022 to get it published.

In the middle of March 2022 I joined Terraria PVP lounge to chat a bit about PVP. I saw a channel called memes-spam. Due to seeing the spam part, I spammed the chat there and got warned as the memes is more important than the spam. After a bigger pause of map making I started my 3rd zombies map, Delivery, on Mar 31 2022.

The April Fool’s joke of 2022 was faking via Ctrl+Shift+I Inspect element that Invisi’s sister banned be for a reason with random letters. In PVP lounge there was a user who tricked me to believe that I was banned before and evaded. I freaked so much out that I PM-med Blanc whether they banned me from that server earlier or what they mean with that. In the middle of April 2022 I left PVP lounge but was ashamed to be called a weakling for leaving PVP lounge and said “I banned my self by pressing the red LEAVE button”.

In May and June 2022 I was warned for many different things both on forums and discord and that motivated me to at one point to pause my presence on DG from June 26 2022 for 3 months. During the pause I travelled, participated in many activities and improved my Ukrainan. I was even in a camp with 99 other students of my federal region who are very talented at maths and IT. I also consulted my therapist once while being away from DG.

The new school year started with an extraordinarily high lesson cancellation rate and with a German teacher who tries to force into us interest into the novel The Tobacconist. I did not understand that book due to my autism well and after asking the teacher said I would fail more than those who played all day on their PCs in class. When I got my results my German teacher was surprised how I was happy with a C. I did so well as I could and thought I’d fail. Also all Fs went to those who played on their laptops in class.

That pause ended on Sep 26 2022 as due to a sale I got Terraria on my laptop and I got interest to play on servers on the PC version. While waiting for Oct 01 when I was going to purchase Terraria for PC and waiting for 1.4.4 I played a bit on mobile and then switched to PC.

I started to document my PVP on video, continue the tests on Candyland, the map that took at the end a year after June 2022, grinding in pve dp / xp and participating in trades. All of these were to socialize better in DG to get concerns of me, that I’d be a report machine or the 1984 voice, down. From Oct 08 - 16 I travelled with my parents. I learnt that 11 reports a day are not meaning they are better than only 2 (except if that are obvious offences like the N word).

Starting from December I got harassed by another user who kept making alts to spam me with gore in PMs. Then that went to spam pinging me in the DG Discord and saying nasty things. I locked my PMs to friend only and the harassment continued. In January the mods got quicker with processing the mass harassment so I did not see what exactly was written. Also what I did was setting Discord so that I only get notifications if I am inside the app. I maintained a healthy diet, when dealing with seeing gore I drank more water, ate some fruits and vegetables and if possible did more sports.

After moving the reports to PM, the harassment stopped in January 2023. Two months later I became mod on Mar 09 2023, after 469 days of moderator application (379 if you don’t count the pause). During that time I got more and more stressed with preparation for the Abitur (German equivalent for A level) exams. This made me to reduce my presence here and when I was away, I. e. only with my phone, I made it so that I can only access DG’s services at home. This improved my attention for the exams.

Now that I mastered the exams I have now to do the bureaucracy to apply for the universiity. That is more than applying too the uni. There are also things to inform the health insurance about the change from school to university etc. After calculations on time management, I will time-wise not be able to be on DG anymore without risking trouble at my study or doing free time activities that I want to do.

Due to that, I announce today, on Jul 03 2023, that I am going to leave the server. I have already PM-med all the mods what is done with the map that I started and with the discord.

13 Likes

Oh man, im not sure if you will even be here to read this. I for one belive that you should spend your time focusing on what you need to do. Dark Gaming will miss you, and I hope for the best regarding university.
Cya Glasia, thank you for what you gave, and i hope you can return to DG when you can. I hope for the best for you and your future :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Have fun. You was my favorite mod on this server.

5 Likes

I hope your experiences here as a mod brought you fulfilment. I’m sure you’ll have success as you embark on the next chapter of your life. Farewell, Glasia. :partying_face: :wave:

6 Likes

Its sad that you left (they have been suspended so they wont see your messages soon, Belmont, Solysis and dez), you were one of the most, if not the most community - interactive mods. However, you absolutely did not need to ping everyone on discord, that caused way too much chaos

7 Likes

Sad to see a good person go… However, I want to thank you for all the things you did for me (us). I wish you luck in your next time. Hopefully we will see you again. You remain in our memories forever.

Best wishes for the next time

Sky(ness)

6 Likes

congrats on school and whatnot, hope you succeed :tada:

7 Likes

Aloha, Glasia, I understand how it is to juggle a education and video games. Just know, if all of the server ends up on 1.4.4 or 1.4.5, I’ll ping ya, and maybe you’ll return. Considering that I am still kinda on break, I hope to see you soon.

5 Likes

yo how can you this much even i can’t do it but i’ll miss you glasia good job for supporting us on dg

6 Likes