My character went back to default setting in

In survival. When I went to the survival dimenson my character’s hair went back to the default redhead character with a blue shirt and grey vest. Can anyone fix this? As far as I know it only happened in survival. The link here is footage: https://youtu.be/Ihy1Zidd-nY

4 Likes

I’m not sure if this is the correct explanation, but here’s what I think:
Survival is SSC (Server Side Character). Basically, the server has a Plugin which creates a separate Player File that can be edited independently of your original Player File - the one you create at the outset.

My guess is that you initially created your character with default features then edited it subsequently.

I’m not entirely sure how SSC works; anyhow, I surmise that the SSC Plugin creates a copy of the Player File that is initially created. Essentially, if you give your character any new items or edit the features of your character, those changes won’t be saved.

5 Likes

Then something with SSC must have messed up badly. I had started my character as female

4 Likes

If that’s the case then, something must’ve happened which caused your SSC Player File to completely wipe and reset to the default character - not the one initially created.
This is an uncommon event; very few players (including me) have experienced it before.

As of now, Survival hasn’t been reset for more than 2 weeks, and during that time, quite a few peculiar issues have occurred.
When did this bug occur?

I don’t remember all of the past cases, but I’m sure players usually lose everything in their inventory when this happens.
Did this happen to you?

5 Likes

Nope. I had all of my stuff I got in survival. Maybe it has to do with how I joined survival, I was flying and in the intermission lobby in Zombies. Maybe that has something to do with this?

4 Likes

Flying in Intermission has nothing to do with this Bug.

I guess you were unlucky then. This Bug was probably the result of some SSC error as you’ve said.

Survival is very laggy and is sometimes prone to crash, so perhaps this Bug was the result of lag.

5 Likes

Yes, SSC can overwrite your hairstyle, skin color, etc. There might’ve been an error where that data was wiped

4 Likes

This happened to me before too. I joined survival one week and my character reset to the default skin. The problem fixed itself when reset was done on Friday so next time the survival server is reset you should get your normal character skin back.

4 Likes