Monk Armor buff

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Monk Armor

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
image Bushy Brow Bald Cap: buff to 19 defense, buff Mage and Melee damage to 3% each
image Shirt: buff to 25 defense, buff Mage damage to 13% and nerf Melee damage to 13%
image Pants: buff to 24 defense, buff Mage and Melee damage to 13% each

image if you want a replacement for the 20% melee 22 defense monks shirt maybe use molten breastplate or smth lol idk

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
If there’s a Melee/Ranger combo in frost armor there could be one for Melee/Mage too. I chose Monk’s armor because of the melee speed boost that is currently pretty much unused

[Anything else you would like to note]
Let me know if the Bald Cap is too overpowered for a melee speed kit like this

Having a mixed damage set for melee/mage and ranger/mage seems like a cool idea, but I think the damage stats for this and the apprentice armor suggestion might be a bit much? idk

5 Likes

You’re right I’ll nerf the pants a bit

4 Likes

This would be way too good for Hybrid sets, 22 defense with 20% melee speed and melee with mage buffs. It should remain as it is as the melee speed is way too good for giving it anything else.

You should just go with Molten armor instead for a concept like this, it has decent enough melee speed.

4 Likes

You’re right, I thought it was 15%.

It’s currently unusable though, 8 defense and nothing else isn’t good enough. I can nerf the defense and damage, but I’d rather still have this set.

3 Likes

whole concept sounds like a neat addition

4 Likes

I like the concept, would probably make the defense of the monk’s bushy brow line up more with other similar helmets. Maybe something like 22 defense, and 5% melee damage could be fair.

4 Likes

Past me would’ve loved this.

4 Likes

Agreeing with beetle here, a lot of melee speed is incredibly difficult to balance as we’ve seen with whips and similar, so I’m going to opt to buff molten armor to a magic melee hybrid instead. I’ll mark this as suggested as this was still part of the suggestion!

3 Likes