Minecraft or terraria?

age old question but which would you prefer and why?

me personally i have no preference but if i had to chose terraria would be my favorite

9 Likes

Terraria all the way. I got sick and tired of wandering off in Minecraft never to find my house again lol (yeah Iā€™m a noob). I like the constraints that Terraria sets on the world size. It is big enough for you to be able to play for hours exploring but small enough that you can remember where everything is and quickly make it back to your place of death. Additionally, Iā€™m a big fan of the variety of mobs and bosses you can fight in Terraria. I like their sprites and their ai, everything feels fairly polished and well thought through. I just like the feel of Terraria more than Minecraft overall. Not saying that Minecraft is a poorly-made game or anything, it just didnā€™t seem to captivate me as much as Terraria has. (Plus, I donā€™t think that vanilla Minecraft has ducks in it, the closest thing is those creepy looking chickens that just sit there and stare at you with those beady little eyes lmao).

10 Likes

I play both to some extent, so my answer is whatever Iā€™m playing at the time you ask me that question. In the case of right nowā€¦ well, between the two, I was more recently playing on a Minecraft server, so that.

Creepy chickens, you say? Say no more, hereā€™s a funny chicken.

Powered by powns' Big Chicken mod

10 Likes

Chonker lol.

8 Likes

EXACTLY. Itā€™s what makes me a minecraft hobo every time I play. Donā€™t feel like having no way home? Carry your home on your back :]

I like terraria a lot more, though doing ā€˜nether-onlyā€™ runs are decently fun after the update. Terraria has a ton more content, itā€™s a nice place to explore and get lost in some rare cases, but the map is an incredible feature that I find is present in all good games (eg, Hollow Knight. Just donā€™t mind that you have to purchase maps in that gameā€¦). Everything is well-animated, well-thought out, and very well done in general. I love the massive amounts of content, gameplay, complex and simple building mechanics alike that allow more variety and better builds than you can ever get in minecraft. Additionally, the wiring system in Terraria is a lot better imo than minecraft. It allows invisible wiring thatā€™s hard to spot without much effort, traps in the wild, and boulders :stuck_out_tongue:

Warning! The Following Content is Rated B (even worse than R).

rabbit

6 Likes

get the best of both worlds with the absolutely fantastic terraria mod for minecraft

9 Likes

You didnā€™tā€¦

7 Likes

I love Minecraft because it has so much to automate and optimise, and since thereā€™s no real end goal (apart from the dragon, which offers you no rewards whatsoever) you can just chill and make more superfarms. I also prefer MCā€™s wiring system, where there are actual built-in pulse lengths and wires must be physically placed in the world, making compactness a consideration, and instead of having to acquire like 47 gold coins to get all the wire you need for a large project, you justā€¦ go mining. Like with everything else, you have to put in actual effort and labour your way to victory. And as a grind-loving person, this is enjoyable.

MC definitely works better with two people, though. Itā€™s far more fun to screw around with a friend along to screw around with you, and it leads to a surprising number of comedic moments, such as that time I had to save my friend from a rampaging llama after said llama was dragged by its trader into a cactus.

Terraria definitely has a lot more action and skill to it, thereā€™s more to optimise and the game gives you an end goal, something to work towards. The world is limited, but the biomes are far more diverse, each actually sporting their own selection of exclusive mobs, foliage, generation, and sometimes even mechanics. I also greatly prefer the fishing system of Terraria, so thereā€™s that.

But at the end of the day, the main similarity between the two is that theyā€™re block-based sandbox games. In my opinion, Minecraft and Terraria should not be compared as though one is just a better form of the other; theyā€™re different games, belonging to different genres which different people will like. Terraria is oriented towards combat, progression and intense action, filled to the brim with bosses and deadly situations, whereas Minecraft is more for exploration, building and just having fun with what youā€™re given without the game telling you what to do with it.

6 Likes

1.First letā€™s talk about gameplay:
I have a nokia phone from world war ll and minecraft lags sooo hard I go insane but terraria us smooth as butter.
2.Graphical art style: Terraria is 2d but the background pixel art is sooo good but minecraft textures are not the same color minecraft and terraria both has lots of details here and there but terraria has mor details then minecraft because if wing and armor u can also dye them and there are the bosses I mean like terraria has crazy details
3.Possibilitys: there are so much more possibility in terraria then minecraft there are so many bosses in terraria but there are only 3 bosses in Minecraft but I should mention that there are mods so I think itā€™s a tie here
4.Building: its really satisfying to build in terraria because of its sounds itā€™s really satisfying it gives me chills XD
5.combat: Terrarias combat is really fun and really hard too there are so many types of weapon :yo-yo:,:gun:,ā–¬ā–¬Ī¹ā•ā•ā•ā•ā•ā•ā•ļŗ¤,magic,summoner etc.
6.Winner: Terraria

6 Likes

when I played Minecraft for the first time it was in the oldest version of mobile that the worlds had limits and everything was almost empty but I ended up liking it anyway Imagine my surprise when I discovered that there was a game somewhat similar to Minecraft but without requiring so much storage space much more content and super fun to play with friends It was so much vice that I took over that game that now I am writing this here

6 Likes

ive played terraria on console, wii, 3ds, and pc, and id say minecraft is better. because of that stupid WoF boss

(ok but really, i have no ideo because i dont have mc)

5 Likes

Yes

By the way, i like Terraria more, unless we are playing multiplayer minecraft, then, Minecraft is better

Therefore

Solo player Mineraria is the best

6 Likes

seeing those images they just gave me like 4 embolisms xd

5 Likes

For little old me, Minecraft, despite it being 10 quintillion times harder than Terraria because you always lose your stuff when you die. Also, 3D

4 Likes

The one thing that makes minecraft PvP harder, more fun, and survival-based.

3 Likes

No way, the second I challenge someone in Terraria, Iā€™m but a pile of flesh.

4 Likes

whether or not minecraft pvp is harder than terraria pvp is debatable, though i canā€™t say i know much about the former. i could definitely see it being more fun though

4 Likes

minecraft PvP is extremely survival based, while terraria PvP is at its best in an enclosed arena.
However, I must say I like minecraft PvP a lot more (and Iā€™m a bit better at it) than terraria.

3 Likes

Terraria PvP is absolutely horrible if weā€™re talking vanilla. Zenithā€™s hitscan 3shots and Last Prismā€™s invisible instakills make it toxic and dumb, especially when not in an enclosed space. Now, apart from enclosed arenas, there are two ways to make it betterā€”one is to limit progression tier, simple to implement yet highly effective.

And yes, I only mean progression tier and not items; even if you ban like half the endgame weapons, theyā€™re all just inconceivably spammy and horrible to play against. No, what Iā€™m thinking about is exclusively using items from, say, pre-mechs, or pre-hardmode. Those two make for well-balanced, tactical PvP with limited movement, the actual need to swap items, and real tactics beyond swinging your sword or firing your laser. Ban Star Cannon and youā€™re set for life.

The other, more difficult way to improve Terraria PvP I can think of is by modifying it, something Iā€™ve only seen in DG so far, which Iā€™ll take as a sign of it being rather hard to implement. This can potentially result in very fine-tuned PvP with incredible variation in weapons and builds, for no one true setup to rule them all. Itā€™s very deep and fun to get into how precisely to set yourself up to hit all the damage caps of the weapons you want to hang onto.

Minecraft PvP is fun and fair at its base, but I feel a lot of depth is lost. While you now have to be more aware of your three-dimensional surroundings and use the environment more to your advantage (due to a loss of flight, dashes, double jumps and more), you also no longer have to mount or swap between several weapons for different situations and purposes or grapple or abuse the gameā€™s physics to boost yourself into other players. While it becomes easier to set up an enjoyable game, you also lose out on a lot of potential fun in the process.

tl;dr terr terr needs more restrictions and/or modifications to be fun, mc is much easier have fun pvping in but thereā€™s not nearly as much potential mechanical depth or skill as there is in even only slightly restricted terr terr pvp

3 Likes