Make Zombies Intermission Less Boring

I have only one actual problem with the Zombies GameMode:
Being dead is boring. The intermission room is absolutely tiny, and there is nothing to do while waiting for your team to revive you. I suggest adding something new in there, like a parkour course, so that people who are waiting for a revive have something to do.

Possible Objections to this Suggestion (That I have thought of):
Wouldn’t this just reward dying?
No. Unless you really want to be doing parkour (Which if you do, you should just be doing parkour), this would not be a reward for dying.
Would there be any reward for doing the course?
No, because you don’t want to reward people for dying
Would this actually be all that entertaining?
Yes, it would. I have seen a lot of people who will be doing parkour when it’s offered in Zombies Maps, and so I believe that people would like this.

Accepted, but keeping this open in case anyone has other ideas

7 Likes

is it possible to have the target dummies actually respond to attacks, that would be cool

3 Likes

Yes, though I don’t see the point in them unless it’s a really really really good reason

4 Likes

i think it would be fun and another way to kill time, and it might even have practical uses, and this is a quick change, compared to an obby (another good idea btw)

3 Likes

The reason why im against them is two reasons,

1. They take up NPC slots
  2. Target dummies + buffs are extremely annoying performance wise
5 Likes

oh, thats valid too (i assumed that they didnt function because of the npc slots, and they are there for deco)

4 Likes

You can “kill” the NPCs of a target dummy, leading to them not responding to attacks and devoid of life like the ones at spawn.

4 Likes

I had another idea last night, although it might be a bit harder to implement: A golf course.

I don’t know if golf balls count towards the NPC limit, although all my research leads me to believe that they don’t.

I know the mods probably understand why this would be hard to implement, but for non-mods who don’t understand, the reason it would be hard to implement is that golf equipment would probably need to be added to the inventory after you die, then be removed when revived.

5 Likes

Add golf and volleyball course

4 Likes

Oh golf already mentioned…

4 Likes