Make /fullmoon work in survival

The command /fullmoon does not work atm in survival. that would be the only practical use of it, yet it does not work anyways. it would be really helpful if this worked so we don’t have to wait hours for a full moon to get a chance of getting a moon charm (also dye trader trades and the skeleton merchant trades would be nice)

why don’t we just give everyone /spawnboss certainly it will make the game more “bearable” and won’t get abused :clueless:

6 Likes

I’m only posting this for context, the decisions around this are for the Survival Managers to make and consider.

It used to be in survival, but it was taken out due to abuse, if I recall. This is because anyone could use it whenever, and I believe that means you could keep setting it back to night.

5 Likes

I understand that it could be abused but why not just add a cooldown like in /startrain but make the cooldown much longer so it cannot be used constantly as it is incredibly useful when it works
Or just make it like /invade so that you have to ask admins to activate it for it to work?
Idk how possible these are they are just suggestions cause i wanna use it to harvest deathweed
Also has /= been disabled to or is it just not working due to 1.4.4 update

3 Likes

You have to give enough reasons and details on why this command suits better for survival, this includes how would it work? will it have a cooldown? when are you able to use it? how would it affect boss fight and progression? how would it affect other players experience? what if some player is trying to buy a specific item from whichever npc that depends on moon cycle?

4 Likes

Well im not to sure what you mean by why the command would suit survival but here are my suggestions for how to make it work
You can only use it at night time by typing /fullmoon or (and idk if this would work) change the moon phase without changing the time of day as the game already tells you to what moon phase that night is going to be so it is possible that that could be changed ( but again, i have no idea how this works properly so idk if it possible)
Give it a long cool down time of 2 hour or more to stop it from being abused
As it can only be used at night time/ not affect the time of day it would not affect boss fights or any events that i can think of (since pmoon and fmoon over ride the moon cycle so it dont what moon phase they are on)
It would probably affect the moon cycle and reset it which would be annoying for people trying to buy things dependent on the moon phase but a lot of moon related items can be bought in multiple different moon phases, a common one of which is the full moon.
It would also help people grind moon stone from were wolfs that only spawn on full moons as well as harvest death weed which is a real pain to do
Idk if this is enough but other people can add more to this if they want

3 Likes

This is specifically why I recall it was removed. The command /startrain is both beneficial and harmless, which is why it was readded, but /fullmoon has potential to be used maliciously and selfishly. You would not even need to ask the rest of survival if they consent to its use to use it, even if guidelines for use were added to the survival section of our server’s rules.

A cooldown would just make it used less often, and would not address abuse.

Commands like this get removed because people can not be trusted to use it properly.

3 Likes

Oh, that sound good, but maybe like every 1 hrs and it can it be used 3times per week?
edit: 3 times per user per week in a run

3 Likes

My personal opinion is that survival is just better off without commands like /fullmoon or /invade. They severely complicate things, people complain, and it is just a disaster. Plus, staff do not have time to babysit every /fullmoon command holder, and most users refuse to use any method of reporting a player even if they know how.

By the way I have the command, and used it when it was allowed, so I have a pretty good idea on why it should stay removed.

3 Likes

That actually seems like a fair point, at the moment I will remove my vote and possibly close this section if I can. I do not want people to abuse it and get werewolves when we do not want to and hurt undergeared players.

Also, the /fullmoon command, did it change to night immediately or just set the moon phase?

3 Likes

The command immediately changes it to night (fullmoon), regardless if it is day time. I recall one instance where it was used multiple times in succession, preventing it from being day time for a little while.

4 Likes

Why not have it set the moon phase like pwrwq said so people have time were its day
Another suggestion, and i know tbis inst going to happen, but why not have it so it keeps day but makes things like deathweed bloom and things that happen during a full moon without the mobs spawning?

3 Likes

Yeah, that would be cool, but just also change the phase, not the time
Besides, we can enable sundials since they only work during a in game week and…
Crap I just realized that skipping natural with sundials are possible bruh, buts it’s only accessable in HM, but at that point, you can just summons with the tablets or tears.

3 Likes

I guess honestly what I was opposed to was how /fullmoon functioned in the past. It simply forced the time of day to be night, and the moon phase to be fullmoon. If the command were changed to only change the moon phase, that would sound reasonable and fair. People could use the command whenever, and when night hits, harvest their deathweed and farm werewolves for the charm in hardmode. There really wouldn’t be a way to seriously abuse it either, at least that I can think of. The only potential issue would appear to be this:

Not sure how that would be handled. If guidelines were added to the survival section of the server rules outlining that in order to use fullmoon, the general consensus must be for it’s use, that might work. The only issue would be asking survival players to answer if they are for/against the use of the command. It is pretty much impossible to get a response from every player, I’ve tried this in the past. Between players simply ignoring chat, and players with language barriers, it would be easier to herd cats than to get a proper (full-survival) response. That would have to be thought out a little more, at least I think.

5 Likes

basically, if we would get /fullmoon reenabled:
limit 2 users per player per week
only changes moon phase, not the time.

5 Likes

dont you mean uses?

while were talking about time ocmmands, imma vouch for /night in build (to see how a build looks in night AND to make it day if a solar eclipse comes}

oh

5 Likes

This is not exactly the right place to ask that, this is a suggestion post for survival.

6 Likes

If this was reintroduced m it would be temporary, since I bet like only a few people will have it that play survival, and also make it not immediately turn night, only the phase of the moon, and limit the uses per player to 2 per run and a cooldown for like 3 in game days for all players when used.

5 Likes

so this is a no, ima remove my vote then lol

5 Likes

Did anyone say this was a denied suggestion?

6 Likes