Make a rule against altar stealing in survival and similar progress blocks

I see often people complaining in all our channels about stolen altars which blocks the progress. This disrupts gameplay and I suggest making a rule in S10 to forbid progress blocks.

This isn’t very likely to become a rule on its own simply because there’s no real way to ensure that the people stealing the altar actually know they’re breaking progress by doing so. Terraria, generally, tends to host a younger audience, but even then people who are a part of the older audience still may not be completely aware of it.

Having a rule against it may provide a way to enforce action against people doing it should they not return the altar after being warned, but there’s more to it than just that. Part of the problem is that quite a few people literally just don’t show up again after doing it, or go inactive for a while. In that sense, having a rule against it doesn’t do much/anything. Finding out who actually took the altar is quite tedious on its own, also.

Well, regardless of this, I’ve added an altar to the spawn platform now, at the expense of a few minecart tracks to prevent it from breaking progression again. Kind of makes all the typing I did useless but what’s done is done.

4 Likes

Duplicate:
Prevent Lihzahrd Altar from being moved at all in Survival

4 Likes