[Locked] AerialAce's Helper Application

[Q1] What is your in-game name?
Aerial Ace

[Q2] How often are you on the server? (Include timezones and exact times only; no generalisations)
While I haven’t been on the server much under this name, or at all in the past several months until very recently, I’d like to say that I’ll be available on the server between 4 PM and 8 PM on weekdays, and varying times on weekends (mainly depending on whether I have leftover schoolwork for the weekends). My time zone is Eastern Standard Time, and while I wish I could be more specific as to what times I’ll be available, it really does vary.

[Q3] Why do you want to be a Helper?
First, I want to clear something up.
While commands such as /uix may show that this account has only been registered on the server for a few hours, I’ve actually been an on-and-off member of Dark Gaming ever since the owner popstarfreas invited me, as a staff member of the server TerraNova (back when I was known as DarkMatt), to the server way back in 2012. Hope that clears it up.

As for why I’d like to become a helper, this is mainly due to the fact that I, plain and simple, enjoy helping people on servers such as this. I’ve had quite a bit of experience with this sort of role (particularly on TerraNova as well as a Minecraft server I quite enjoyed called RumbleCraft), and that even with limited power, I feel this role is my forte when it comes to supportive roles on gaming servers.

[Q4] Will you prioritize helping others and answering questions over other things?
Helping other users has always been a priority for me on Terraria servers, and although that can partially be chalked up to the fact that Terraria itself isn’t too interesting for me, it’s also because helping people is something that I enjoy provided it doesn’t take up hours of my time each day.

[Q5] Do you think you have sufficient knowledge to answer many questions that are put to you?
Yes. I may not know too much about this server in particular, considering it’s changed a lot since the last time I joined it back in 2012/2013, but I happen to be very experienced with the TShock commands due to my spells as a staff member for the server TerraNova throughout the latter ends of 2012 and 2013, as well as earlier this year. MrSandwich can probably vouch for me on this front.

[Q6] Tell us about you?

How old are you?
As of writing this, I’m 13.

What do you enjoy?
Playing games, of course, otherwise I wouldn’t be here! I also enjoy drawing and creating art in other forms, though I’m not very skilled at it.

Who are you?
This question doesn’t give me much to go off of. If you’d like my real name, it’s Robert.

What do you do in free time?
Mainly the same as the things I enjoy, which sort of figures given that I don’t have much of a broad interest field.

1 Like

I hope you are aware that there are 2 MrSandwichs on the Terraria servers. I happen to have met the other one before. He was a form of Administrator on TerraNova, that is not me. Furthermore, you have an excellent application. If you just come on some more and prove that you will help, you’ve got my support.

Also, it is literally what the question asks. Who are you, what do you enjoy, how old are you, what do you do in free time, whatever you feel like sharing

1 Like

I wasn’t aware of that, sorry for confusing you/myself. I am familiar with the MrSandwich on TerraNova (he’s been there for a long time, since early 2013, as have I). In addition to this, he’s still an active staff member on that server. (On further thought, I should have asked him whether he was the same person as the MrSandwich on this server, he’s very active in the TerraNova community)

The reason I was confused about #6 is it isn’t specific at all, there’s a whole lot of things that “Tell us about you” could mean. I’ll stick with what you’ve provided me for now, though.

1 Like

If your mouse over the thread part, the actual flesh of the thread, a small and barely visible ‘edit’ should appear. You can edit that into the thread if you wish.

1 Like

Question 6 is purposely ambiguous. It’s something that is not very much needed for the position, but can let you stamp a style and personality on your application so that people can know more about you. Sometimes people put a sentence, other times they write more than they put for the other questions; it’s up to you; if you feel like sharing something that otherwise would be inappropriate for the other questions, then you can put it there.

1 Like

@MrSandwich I’m aware, it sort of slipped my mind while I was writing the answer to #6 to fill it in to the slot for #6 within the application itself. It’s fixed now, however.

1 Like

Aerial, you were one of the most mature, kind, and helpful people I’ve met on here. I picked up that vibe from you from the beginning and you proved it in the short span we were both on. If you come on to this server more often, then I think you would make a great Helper.

1 Like

@Lilian Thanks for the compliment!

1 Like

Aerial, what about becoming a crew before writing a full application?
The topic is now locked because that the applicant isn’t a Crew member.
You may open a new one in one week from today.

1 Like