This weeks cycle in Survival is the first week in which we will be doing Live Testing of inventory validation. Due to the limitations of this system at this time, we know so far that the following will not work fully or at all:
- Traveling Merchant
- Hat rack, Mannequin, Womannequin
- Demon heart (isn’t consumed)
- Buying what you just sold
- Trash slot keeping your item
- Rope Coil Dropping rope
- Arrow Dropping after shooting
- Crafting recipes that are different on Mobile
- Marshmallow on a stick over campfire
- Hay Sickle
- Dirt Rod
- Selling without putting the item in your inventory after buying
- Tax Collector
- Free defender medals
- Picking up part of an item drop when your inventory is full
- Bait use on line break
- Fishing when too close to the bobber
- Discount card / Greedy Ring
- Gender Change Potion (not consumed)
- Potion of Return (not consumed)
- Recall Potion (not consumed)
- Wormhole Potion (not consumed)
- Red Potion (not consumed)
- Guide/Tinkerer Slot
- Crafting using materials from chest
For reforging, you can instead use
/reforge to reforge your selected item. If you want to know the cost before doing the reforge, type
If you notice anything not working that is not listed above, you can report it as an issue and we can look into it. The list above will be worked on in the meantime if there are no pressing issues.
If you are wondering what kind of issues to look out for here are some examples:
- Opening a crate, but the crate doesn’t give you anything and you get the crate back
- Cannot buy an item from an NPC
- Using an item doesn’t consume it when it should
What is this, specifically? Something relating to preventing inventory swapping or hacking in items?
The goal is to label changes so that the server can better act on that information. Hopefully to avoid rift exploiting and basic item cheating, by labeling changes as invalid. So that we may cut down on the high volume of people cheating items. But it also serves as a platform to build certain modifications, for example, modifying treasure bag / crate drops, because the server will know when someone uses such items and it can change those drops.
Although I’m not sure if we tested the Inventory Swap problem yet; it’s really hard to replicate and requires certain conditions. I do want to see what happens though.
Personally, although I didn’t ever investigate it, I think inventory swapping is the server actually giving you the wrong inventory, so this doesn’t help.
Regarding the can of worms, I’m ready to test if the fix works.
just wondering, in the future, will it be able to auto-ban extremely suspicious actions?
Wait if it can modify crate drops, can it do things like make obsidian crate drop lava charm more often, or golden crate drop enchanted sword more often? If so that’s pretty damn cool
Maybe. Right now the design is to prevent actions in a way that false positives don’t result in a ban.
Yes, it can change the chances and possible drops.
Just a thought, I’ve heard that PvP has an anticheat too, which is supposed to prevent godmode…
Any possibility of this coming to other dimensions aswell, including Survival where it can have a huge impact?
The godmode prevention is purely for player to player damage.