Leather Whip Buff

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Leather Whip

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
Perhaps a 70 damage buff. (14-84)

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
Currently, the summoner meta is generally dominated by the Dark Harvest or the Morning Star. Basically, what I’m asking for is a good summoner weapon for prehardmoders, a bit of variety in the summoner area, and an actual alternative to Dark Harvest.

[Anything else you would like to note]
Note that this weapon doesn’t have very good range, so better damage than the Dark Harvest may be required to make it an alternative. No velocity changes needed.

edit: I’m not sure what to tag this post as, so I chose the option that made the most sense, as it requires a tag for it to be posted.

Isn’t this just worse than Morning Star?

5 Likes

morning star is generally a bad weapon bc its slow. Leather whip has about the same base swing speed as Dark Harvest, therefore making it better. If i made it better than the morning star, that would quickly become a balancing issue.

5 Likes

I doubt this would get implemented due to the leather whip’s very short range.
I’m sure people would opt out and just use the dark harvest.

4 Likes

I also doubt that prehardmoders would be playing in DG pvp.

4 Likes

clears throat, gives Sol an evil look

also thats why its better than dark harvest- should you get close enough, you can basically annihilate anybody.

4 Likes

Skill issues

5 Likes

me? skill issues? If i remember correctly, i still pound you into the ground in pvp

4 Likes

What I’m trying to say is nobody’s going to use the leather whip when we have other and better weapons at our disposal.

4 Likes

Unless they want to challenge themself with a worse weapon.

4 Likes

thats the thing- this is meant to be an alternative to Dark Harvest with much greater damage, the only cost would be a few blocks of reduced range, that and prehardmode loadouts are pretty popular, and summoners are currently missing huge amounts of content there.

edit: I think im going to become a Summoner Advocate (maybe I can make that a title… hmm), suggesting buffs to certain summon weapons or armors just to improve the experience for summoners

second edit: If range is that much of an issue, Snapthorn could be buffed instead (its basically a prehardmode Dark Harvest)

4 Likes

just use morning star

4 Likes