Kill assists in PvP

Another thing, ^ this can potentially lead to odd situations
If a player barges into a crossfire, and lets assume there’s 6 people and each deal 100 dmg
Only one person would get the kill and no one gets the assist despite contributing to the kill

4 Likes

Why not just give a asistance by just damaging it? The kill can be given to the one who caused most damage.

tecnically is asisting just making a minimam damage, for the simple thing that you restart health regeneration,or consume a charge of the solar/beetle armor set,so i don’t think that is nessesary to put a minimum damage requeriment, since is actually in the formula of XP and DP the damage inflicted (being the one who gives more than Kills)

2 Likes

If you halve the amount of DP earned from killing, that means you will be getting 0.05 DP per assist.

2 Likes

Because when you heal fully and someone kills you with let’s say, an sword there’s no assist there

2 Likes

Yeah, no. The one who does the final shot is the one who gets the kill while assists the one who most damage deals in the opponent gets it

3 Likes

I think this is outdated, because I seem to get 1 DP every kill.

2 Likes

I see, but wouldn’t the time limit remove the assist anyway?

3 Likes

It wouldn’t make sense for someone who dealt 500 damage 10 seconds ago to get the kill. Since technically, the killer still killed them.

It would incentivize AoE and spammy weapons, since there’d be no use in chasing after someone and killing them

2 Likes

yes, but what if someone healed to 600 hp but the time limit hasn’t ended

1 Like

Also some off-topic,

What if someone damages 200HP, and then i die for fall damage? (Please tell me that im not the only one that dies from this…)

The system would end like this?

Geolindrag killed himself Assist (Weapon) Random person

1 Like

Is that so? I don’t get 1 DP per kill.

1 Like
2 Likes

I know that, but i mean that i Really die by fall damage, i sometimes don’t use the wings, and fail the grappling hook, or just forget turn the monture

1 Like

Why not? Imo wings are the most useful things to have

2 Likes

Should kill assists be counted as a full kill or half a kill in terms of a killstreak?

That is, should 2 kill assists be equivalent to a single kill in terms of getting a killstreak?

1 Like

To practice my dodge abilities with the grapple ,i use a slow mount, so i am forced to move with grapple to don’t die

2 Likes

I believe it should be a kill in that case for example:
“… fell to their death while escaping from …”

4 Likes

yes, maybe

2 Likes

We plan to implement this suggestion, which is now marked as accepted and closed to release the votes. Once this suggestion has been implemented, a dev will mark it as implemented, and a final reply will be posted so that everyone is aware.

This is listed as “PvP Kill Assists” on the development timetable:

2 Likes