Kaleidoscope Buff

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Kaleidoscope

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
Buff the base damage by 10-14 and increase the max damage by 7-9

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
Kaleidoscope could be a viable phammer-class rush weapon, but as of right now it’s a bit underpowered and fairly useless (does like 28 usually). It was already mostly unused before the armor changes and now it’s pretty much trash

[Anything else you would like to note]
the world needs more phammer sidegrades

the area it covers is better than aqua scepter and elf melter so maybe 15-18 damage is a bit too big of a buff

5 Likes

15-18 is for the base damage, more like 10 for the max damage. Right now it hits like 26 usually lol

4 Likes

No, It’s fine, It’s nearly hitscan with a big hitbox, having more than 30 damage would be just OP

5 Likes

The hitbox isn’t that much more than a normal Phammer’s. You’re right that it is much easier to hit, but the damage is completly terrible atm. I don’t expect it to hit over 50-55 a lot, but it should at least be viable (right now it’s in virtually no kits)

2 Likes

???

that without counting that kaleidoscope doesnt get affected by your speed, also swings really fast and that i also had 40% increased melee speed in that screenshot

around 30 damage is fine, it’s more than enough for a weapon extremely easy to hit that also swings really fast, just use dark harvest

3 Likes

The kit you’re using in that photo probably has a bit more melee speed than most, considering you have two gloves. It goes about 10% shorter than that. However, you’re right on how it’s easier to hit; but it’s not doubly easier to hit by far. Paladin’s Hammer currently does roughly 200%-300% the damage of Kaleidoscope, so it should definitely not be that much better. With currently 25 damage a hit, you would have to hit 24 times with Kaleidoscope to kill someone if they had 600 HP and no regeneration; 30-35 times is more realistic. This may not sound like a lot, but it actually is and is MUCH slower than literally anything else at the moment. I think my initial buff is too overkill; I will change it a bit, but Kaleidoscope is nowhere viable right now.

2 Likes