Inferno Fork Buff

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Inferno Fork

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
Increase the base damage by 15-25 and increase the velocity slightly.

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
As it stands, Inferno Fork is terrible compared to other slow-firing burst damage magic weapons like Sapphire Staff or Demon Scythe. Inferno Fork has 80 base damage, while most other slow-firing burst damage magic weapons have at least 100. Inferno Fork’s slow projectile speed isn’t doing it any favors, either.
However, i’ve had an interesting idea to make this weapon more unique compared to its sidegrades. Buff the velocity, obviously, but don’t buff it by too much. Have the projectiles still be relatively slow, but fast enough so that it’s at least usable. The damage can be buffed even more to account for the slow projectile speed.

[Anything else you would like to note]
I should mention the lingering projectile that the Inferno Fork makes upon coming into contact with a player or block. I don’t know how this could be applied, but if there’s any reason to not jack up the base damage even further, than the lingering projectile is the reason.

We don’t need another toxic flask.

5 Likes

Rather than just making it yet another clone, the Bolt could become significantly slower, but the blast could have it’s velocity increased, increasing the area of effect. I’m saying increasing the area of effect a lot.
This could come with a damage nerf, but increasing the min damage, making this a great anti-tanking tool that excels in closed spaces, and can even block them.
I don’t think making it another clone would be the correct thing, but this would be.

5 Likes

I used the inferno fork a lot back in 2019, and I feel that this could be a unique weapon unlike flask. You got my vote :+1:

2 Likes

I didn’t intend to make it a clone with the changes i suggested, but i also didn’t know increasing the velocity of the blast made it go further so i like that idea more

3 Likes