Incorrect player data

I was trying to recreate a bug (which i will probably have posted a report for after writing this) but somehow I managed to make this happen :

Note that I’m not wearing stardust armor, and that I actually never have on the server, nor have I ever used the dragon staff. They are attatched to my player btw. Im on 1.4.0.5 on PC, IGN: chaz. (with the dot)

Edit: A similar thing has now happened again :

3 Likes

This is nothing new, and I am not sure if it can be fixed. Sometimes you can get a wide miscellany of buffs while switching between servers. These buffs don’t just includes summons; in my own experience, I have found myself with pets I have not equipped.

3 Likes

in a way i found a reason, when you get random pets, buffs, summons and etc it is somehow related to buff id’s being altered somehow, once i was under effect of damage nebula 3rd stack and force closed the game, when i opened it again and logged into my mastermode world which was in pre-hardmode with the corresponding character i had the stardust cell summon (summons count as buffs and not projectiles). as available from https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Buff_IDs the nebula buff was just bellow the stardust cell in terms of id number. although i think it is not necessarily to be exactly the buff bellow or above in some situations, but for the original post stardust guardian and dragon are also buff++ (guardian is 187 and dragon is 188).

2 Likes

I wonder how reproducible this bug is. I had sometimes received numerous of these aforementioned bugged buffs on numerous occasions in the past, and at the time I noticed a peculiar pattern; when joining a certain server (survival, pvp, etc) I get afflicted by the same buffs consistently, and I lose these same buffs when I leave that server. In your case, you transferred to a private world. Knowing that this strange bug can be attributed to altered buff IDs, I wonder why it only occurs sometimes and how to consistently execute it.

2 Likes