Improve approval giving system of Zombies map

Hello, I have a suggestion for Zombies, the map approval system of new Zombies maps.

If I remember correctly the current approvale(u)rs/approval givers are Eerie and Tru3thful.

Now to my problem: I did 10 testings on my map Map Submission of the map “Topaz Mall” and asked if Eerie and Tru3thful were available to give a feedback on how far until approval.

I could get some opinions by Eerie but I am since 2 weeks trying to get Tru3thful on to get opinions by them on how far until approval.

Because of the time difference of 8 hours (I am in UTC+1 and Tru3thful is in UTC-7; Eerie has the same time zone as me) I know it is very hard because when I’m on at the evening (often at about 6-8 PM UTC), Tru3thful has many things to do (at that time it is for them 11 AM - 1PM), on the contrary when it’s evening for them, let’s say 8 PM, it’s 4 AM, at that time I sleep. Then only the weekend is available where I get most chances to meet them but i was afraid of that a map being too long in in progress was closed despite me trying to get the approval givers.

I am not sure if that is an issue or if I am just a “crybaby” but I imagine for those living in UTC+7-UTC+9 (mostly notable: parts of Russia, Korea, Japan, some parts of Australia) it is even harder to get Eerie or Tru3thful for approval.

Because of that I suggest that there should be more approvale(u)rs/approval givers:
I have 2 possible soloutions:

1. All mods who test regularly maps

2. There is a new role: Zombie Maps Approval Giver which you can apply on with following info (similar to mod applications):

1. Ingame name
    2. Time zone
    3. How often do you play zombies/test maps with others?
    4. Expectation of that role
    5. Discord name (if on Discord)
    6. Time how long you want to do that role
    7. Do you want that your application is published? (Right now/After a decision/After it has been accepted/No)

with the eligilibiliy criteria:

1. crew status
    2. registered more than 1 month ago
    3. being known to the reviewers
    4. being active enough to respond to test announcements/map submissions
    5. no ongoing application
    6. no application within the last 2 weeks
    7. Must have built or contributed to the build of at least 2-3 zombies maps

To get the map published you’d need 3 approvals, I suggest.

Do not hestiate to correct me if I said something false and do not hestiate of giving feedback on this suggestion.

Mods may intervene if they wish, however, I asked Eerie and Tru3thful specifically since they seem to be most active zombies wise.

I plan for this in the future, though at the moment I’m still tinkering with the approval system. However, it’s unlikely there will be an application process. I was planning on selecting map testers instead

5 Likes

do you just have to build the map or does it need to be ported to the zombies dimension?

3 Likes

It has to be moved.

3 Likes

Closing this as the system is still in its early stages and subject to change. The issues above should be less of an issue as now there are 3 map testers rather than 2