How to get good early-game money in DG Survival

Hello there fellow internet users,
If you are interested in making some good early-game money in DG, there are a few methods to get said money.

1. Collecting Shells
    First, use /warp locean or rocean. Then, collect the shells you see lying on the ground. Then, sell to the merchant (or any other npc that you can sell stuff too). Easy money early-game, can also be used on the celebrationmk10 seed as well in vanilla. (Credit to Obsidian Outlawer for discovering this, I kinda took his idea and forgot who said it hehehe)
  2. Fishing
    Cooking fish and selling it makes for some really good money. Some fish are worth more than others, so cooking them isn’t always the best option, When in doubt, check the official wiki! In addition, crates drop money and other weapons/accesores, so fishing is good early-game where other things have been explored and looted.
    That’s all for now! Tell me your money-making ideas as well!
    (also, the reason why colored glass is not here is because of the nerf in 1.4, not sure if its the same price on the older survival server.)
8 Likes

if you really want early money then theres another way if you quite skill issues like me such as:

1. Go straight to cavern by saying /warp cavern. And then try your best to find some iron ores or lead ores you will need 24 of them to crafting iron pole because trees dont exist in early survival
  2. while finding them you can find free money on ground which they were all from unlucky people down there which you will use them later to buy bug net from merchant
  3. if you really want to be rich in early game theres 3 ways for you
  • granite golem farm, you see granite golem spawn really common in their biome and they even drop stuff like gems from geode and many others
  • fishing. you know what i mean but at least you can become someone like Jared Leto’s Joker
  • welp you know the classic, colourful glass = money
  1. not quite important but i dont think you should go to jungle or hell in early game because those guy could one shot goku
8 Likes

That’s pretty nice, only that the glass method was nerfed in 1.4.

7 Likes

Please mate give my stuff back you scummed need once :oskull: dint worry me no angry

6 Likes

Silt/slush have a chance to have gems or coins in em and is my go to way of getting money. However it is super slow sometimes. Plus you also get ores from silt!

7 Likes

You mean the shells thing? Completely forgot who said that, sorry, will add it in.

6 Likes

What are the prices of shells?

6 Likes

No I think I was selling BM shit and you took it without paying but don’t worry it’s the past nothing to worry bout

6 Likes

Oh oops, I forgot about that, sorry!

6 Likes

oh ya forgot to mention that demonite ores or crimsonite does spawn alots in corrupted/crimson biome cave so when the world just finished regen and you dont know where to go because everyone will took all loot in sec then you should a go get yourself some scarab bombs and sticky bombs to get those pleasures ores (they value is alot)

the best one goes to leeching someone’s farm (most brilliant and most effective)

7 Likes

The last one is very funnie. Ofc, scarab bombs are banned (for no reason), but stick/bomb fish are good, so that isn’t bad.

6 Likes