How to create a free items server in Terraria?

I mean like those servers that have chests full of items that never become empty.
I am not a game programmer but I think it shouldn’t be that hard and I can try it myself.
I think they use the TShock server but I don’t know any of the rest.
I googled but found nothing about it.
Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

5 Likes
  1. Download the latest version of TShock from Releases · Pryaxis/TShock · GitHub

2. Locate the ZIP folder in your files. It will look something like this.

3. Open it. It will look something like this.

1. Copy the files/folders shown above and paste them elsewhere, as follows;

1. Create a shortcut of “TShock.Server” by right clicking on it and selecting “Create shortcut”. You will use this shortcut whenever launching the server in the future.

2. Right click on the shortcut you created, and select “Properties”.

3. Go to the end of the target line and add “-ignoreversions” as follows;

1. Go to GitHub - RenderBr/tShock-v5-plugins: plugins working for tShock v5 and scroll down until you find “InfiniteChestsV3.dll”. Click on it and download it.

1. Locate the .dll file in your files, copy it, and paste it in the “serverplugins” folder you copied in step 4.

1. Run the “TShock.Server” shortcut you created in step 5. That will open a console that looks like this;

10.1. If you’ve followed the steps correctly thusfar, you will see under the yellow text that the plugin “InfiniteChestsV3” has been successfully initiated.

1. Create a new world or load an already existing one. To create a new one, type “n” and follow the prompts. To select a pre-existing world, type the number located on the same line as the world name. If you create a new world, you will need to wait until it is finished generating and select it the same way you would an already existing world.

2. After choosing the wanted world, it will load. Once completed, the console will now look like this;

13.Take note of the underlined line. Upon completing step 13 and joining the server, you will need to type /setup <provided numbers" in the in-game chat in order to set your account up.*

1. Open Terraria, go to multiplayer, and select host & play. Once you reach your worlds, select the same one you selected in the console. Otherwise, it will not find the server. Tweak settings as liked. When you reach the select/enter a password screen, click “Accept”. No password has been set yet. The server will look like this;

1. Setup your account using the setup command & numbers mentioned in step 12. Follow the chat prompt given after entering the setup command & numbers to create and login to your account.

1. Upon logging into your account, type /group addperm owner *. This will give you access to all permissions/commands.

2. Place/find the desired chest you wish to auto-refill. Then, you will type /chest refill 0 into the chat and open said chest. This will make this chest auto-refill its contents upon closing and re-opening it. Keep in mind that this will NOT create stacks of 999; You will have to add quantities manually via the /i command

3. Enjoy. I tried making this as comprehensible as possible, but there are still a lot of steps to take note of and follow.

8 Likes

thank u @Madeira for your thorough answer
that was very helpful
i could do it
i also add for the sake of completeness of the answer that we need to add the items we want in the chest before issuing of the “/chest refill 0” command and any items we put in the chest afterwards will be gone
also we can disable the chest auto refill with “/chest refill -1”

4 Likes

where are the documentations?

3 Likes