How th it was already discovered?

U gonna ask me like “What?”
Well, answer is simple
U actually CAN get on top of roof without telek.

everything u need is to do frame-perfect on right stairs and then somehow dodge.
thats very hard
i needed like 300 attempts to do that
but its possible
discovered by multi payman
yes, same person who broke rapid

8 Likes

8 Likes

Congratulations on making the jump! Back in 1.3, it was as easy as just jumping on the left side, since you could barely reach it then. Now, that doesn’t work anymore, so after 1.4 people started trying to find other ways up onto the roof.

That was, until a Sentry strategy testing session on August 27th, 2020…

(unfortunately, the full speed gif no longer exists but it was showing Neverbeen jumping onto the house on the right side)

The slowed down gif in question:

Was it the first of its kind then? Good question, I don’t think anyone knows. It’s just so impractical that it’s rarely ever talked about.

9 Likes

wat. Okay, maybe some veterans knew that is possible, but no one who i asked knew that.
Also its kinda practical with sentry, gotta say

9 Likes

August 2020. Yea, this became forgotten after that many of time

8 Likes

Yeah, definitely. Again, the jump isn’t really talked about because… well, why would you need to go on the roof? Only flying enemies sometimes go up there, but because it’s flat they rarely ever get stuck. Plus, even if you had a Sentry farm setup up there, it’s just take longer to farm and then easily get demolished by later waves of enemies.

8 Likes

well now i see, well i was just bored lol, so i tried it, but yea ig i am not the first to do it post update
and yes it has almost no practical use, you are right… well at least till round 12

8 Likes

Can’t Sand Elementals just summong tornadoes up there?

6 Likes

they can ig… Can’t u just place repair inside of a house

6 Likes

that is why i said till round 12

7 Likes

the storms will kill sentries, because the repair can’t outheal them, and even if it can it will die itself

7 Likes

I have done this all the time :lmao:

Actually, didn’t thinked of telekinesis lol, i usually never use that ability

8 Likes

this whole post is pog, didnt know you could do this without sentry

7 Likes

without sentry?

8 Likes

i see, well nice to know that not everyone of us suck at the game and parkour

8 Likes

this… is the hardest parkour in all maps. One time someone taught a whole lobby how to do it (easier to run and jump) and I saw everyone was able to do it…

and of course I attempted it a few times but to no avail until I gave up because the use of a sentry up there wasn’t much of a benefit… now if that map was updated to have a special weapon box… we’ll see…

8 Likes

Who says that im good at parkour?
Or at terraria in general

8 Likes

I see and wow,.yea as i said i was surprised it was already videly known, usually i never see anyone even attempting it

7 Likes

Well before i never was able to get up there withour telek, in fact not that long ago i was unable to do parkour in Forgotten Tomb, and SnowyVile… so yea no surprise that i atill see you as superior, it took ne at least 50-70 attempts before i did it once, and it was random later, so yea in the end i tried about 150-200 times before gave up, even when i knew how, i still was unable to do it, if you can do it consistently, then you are superior to me, idk about average prkour player

7 Likes

bruh the snowyville one, it took me awhile to realize you needed to click two switches in order to unlock ankh shield for melee/ starcloak for mages

I don’t usually get starcloak for mages in snowyville, but i always try to get ankh shield when i’m melee
the boots are a must – for stealing reviving chances :wink:

7 Likes