How did you get here?

Do you have an interesting story on how you got to the server?
Personally, I have a story that I would rather not tell, because of how bad it makes me look and because it could be made into a drama.

Long Story Short?

I used to play on a server, but now everyone on the server hates me. Probably because of all the alts I made. And because of my impersonation of people. And because I loved to rules lawyer. And because I complained a lot. And…
Know what? I’m not going to go into more detail unless someone wants me to. The past is the past.

Anyone else have a story?

4 Likes

well, i had just finished my first Master Mode For the Worthy playthrough, so I got bored of the game. I had the zenith, i was as bored as hell, so i decided to search for new servers online. First one i found, i loved, but the staff were really mean, and i got banned as soon as i decided to build “without permission.” So i decide to try this one. I absolutely loved this one, especially pvp, which never got boring for me in the least. Then i tried a new master mode for the worthy summoner playthrough, and apparently i got banned. After about 9 months in two different servers and several ban appeals, i got back in early January this year! so yeah

5 Likes

i was looking for a server after my master mode not for the worthy not hardcore playthrough so im like -

“hmm penguin land is 1nd, and lark gmaignsg is 2st so ill try nuber 2”

no regrets to my decision even if i wanted to pley on pedguid i dont hjave laptom

4 Likes

I tried pinguin. It was actually pretty fun. I think that Dark Gaming has it beat for fun though.

4 Likes

i never got to try penguin bc it required a passcode

5 Likes

was looking for pvp servers on mobile cause i was bored

7 Likes

I was doing the same :3

6 Likes

2019 i back playing terraria and well, the lag welcome me lol. 2 year’s later my friends tell me that there are servers in terraria that are exist and i didn’t even know it. I search it and i found the first server the dark-gaming. When i join i like it very much there are items dimension,pvp dimension,pve dimension,survival dimension,build dimension and gamemodes dimension it’s so fun. 1 month later after Jan 2021 i decide to register at server and then i join at forums and yep i’m still alive at the server but busy.

4 Likes

I quite simply was looking for servers to gather items from as I had issues with other servers at the time back in early 1.2.0.
DarkGaming popped up on the list, so I got some items from here to take to singleplayer.

From here, the story simply goes that all my friends who I had played with from school started playing league and counter strike, of which I simply didn’t enjoy to the same extent they did, thus I started looking for ways to quell my boredom on my own, as I simply hadn’t learned to be social.
DarkGaming happened upon the list randomly and so I started playing, I remembered someone saying hi to me, and I later found a build of his name, told him about it, and we started talking.
Everything from there is self explanatory, I played on DG more often, I PvPed purely to kill time and wasn’t overly great at it as much as I just experimented with different weapons and builds.
I knew enough about the game at a base level to know what I was doing well enough that I found mild enough amounts of success to keep rolling with it, and by the end of 1.2.4.1 I had topped most of the leaderboards, become one of the stronger pvpers on dg, and had gotten moderator.

I didn’t actually keep it, that’s another story for another time, but the tl;dr goes something like:
I did something akin to goading users into breaking the rules (baiting, basically), got reported for this, and thus lost my staff permissions.
Rofle and I talked for a while and he re-offered me the position to which I declined to take the time off for myself. I explored other servers, and ultimately took a break from terraria soon afterwards after having furthered my pvp experience on other servers.

I never technically regained moderator, I came back in 1.3, applied for helper and got the position very quickly but never bothered to push beyond that.
I was given PvP Manager purely from asking for too many weapon alterations when rofle was working on the plugin , thus he allowed me to do it myself.
When we transfered over to the DG Discord with the r/terraria server merge, their owner asked who all was an admin and moderator, and they said I may as well be, thus I was put into the moderator position.
It was never officially confirmed by Rofle, nor do I have the moderator title, but I have all the same effective perms as most moderators do, and access to all the same things on the forum and similar.

Given I’ve asked for perm updates, he’s clearly aware of all of these facts so don’t worry I’m not some fake staff member, although I’d forgive you for thinking that with how little active moderation I’ve done compared to the other staff :stuck_out_tongue:

A little more than the thread asked for, but a story deserves it’s context, right?

5 Likes

Also in their history Blanc had to deal with minimodding while Marcus101RR had not to deal with minimodding in September 2021. How is the minimodding now?

5 Likes

It was in early 2019 when I first got Terraria on PC. I just looked up “Terraria servers” and started playing. Zombies is my favorite part of the server.

7 Likes

well im mobile anyway so i cant play it lol

7 Likes

I mean you can but its not very fun

5 Likes

ive heard that Demons involuntarily became minimodders now

also why do people go to servers for items like buidlers workshop literly exsts (its what i used at least before, to be fair, its quicker in DG but thats like haveing a site for finding colors like red, red with 1 tint, or red with TWO tints!}

6 Likes

If anything, I’d say likely for ease of access for a couple reasons:

1. As a player, you don’t need to download anything extra to access Dark Gaming. By comparison, with the Builder’s Workshop, you’d either have to download the world itself from the original makers (which might be out of date? The last time it was updated was May 2021), or steal one of many, many reuploads off of the Steam Community Workshop for Terraria. By comparison, Dark Gaming just uses the multiplayer tab that’s already integrated with Terraria and doesn’t need any kind of modification. As well, it’s significantly more accessible for mobile players.
  2. When it comes to specifics, Dark Gaming is much more readily available thanks to /i existing in Items; you can pull any item you want into existence, with (almost) anything you want on it such as specific modifiers, just through a little bit of typing. By comparison, if loading up the Builder’s Workshop in singleplayer, you have to search through several chests to find what you want, then go and get modifiers on the things yourself through the reforging process. Granted, it doesn’t seem like /i gets noticed a lot off of the bat, even though there’s a repeated popup message that mentions it in both Items and Rift. Maybe it’s the colors of the message compared to the background?
6 Likes

It shouldn’t. Are you using the right IP? I don’t think you can post IPs here, since that would be counted as advertising, but you can view a list of servers at terraria-servers.com.

6 Likes

I’m asking that same thing too…

6 Likes

I joined the server beacause I don’t have friends to play survival with so I joined the server. (I’m also on mobile so I can’t use mods). Also there is a unique Gamemode
(Zombies). I had fun playing it. That’s all

7 Likes