Holy dodge ability

All easy: on WW gives you 30 secs buff Holy dodge
Price penalty: 12.5%
Cooldown: 40 secs - Level * 2
Unlocked by reaching r6 on hardcore on maps that gives dp (ik too easy)

@Tru3thful stop replying so long

3 Likes

What. No. It would completely negate the benefit of staying with Hallowed armor in any map.

For such power, 25% is way too little if this were to be implemented as of current.

The regular Holy Protection cooldown is a flat 30 seconds. Even at level 1, you gain more power than actually using Hallowed Armor, and that’s before discounting not having to damage an enemy in addition to the time that Holy Protection can last while having it ready to be used again in your proposed idea.

3 Likes

A bit nerfed.

That will not bad when you just dont know what ability is good for current situation so this can help a bit

2 Likes

Yes, for dual wield that almost literally doubles your damage or for coward that saves your life its enough but for one buff its much?

2 Likes

If Hallowed armor isn’t available on any map and you don’t know what you’re doing, then it negates too much danger without much effort. And, well… if you don’t know, not using an ability at all is also an option.

Dual Wield relies on being on the offensive constantly to maximize its use. And in the lategame, constantly being on the offensive isn’t the best idea in the world. By comparison, the strength of Holy Protection (and availability in the spades that your ability proposal offers it) can be used for anything at all. Offensively, defensively, you name it, can all use a “fix mistake” button. Hallowed Armor offers that with its set bonus at a slightly strong rate, but this proposal makes it available ALL the time with no penalty for using other, potentially strongest armor, at an even better rate than using Hallowed Armor, at least in the original proposal.

Holy Protection would still be better, because although the ability to save oneself is much more brief, you can control when and where to use it, significantly more so than Coward.

Depends on the buff in question. For Holy Protection nearly on demand, yes, I argue it’s too strong. The main drawback of getting to use Holy Protection is being restricted to Hallowed Armor, meaning potentially having less damage and less defense, though because of how strong Holy Protection is as an effect in PvE scenarios, it’s almost always worth using in Zombies. But now you strip that specialty away and let it be used anywhere, without the need to hit something, and the already strong buff becomes even stronger.

3 Likes

Oh my… Do you understand that if custom waves will made it became more useless just because some builders will make mobs that releases a lot of projectiles, and will it useful in that case? Yes, now, againist sandstorms or snipers it not bad, but include that it just 2 invic sec ouf of 40 secs cooldown.

2 Likes

It has a cooldown of 30 seconds.

This is practically easy Holy Protection.

If I understand you, you want a 125% price increase. Which is 50% higher than Sentry’s 75% increase. This doesn’t make sense. Sentry’s 75% increase is justified by that fact it can sustain itself to a certain degree. This ability cannot, it gives you a powerful tool offset by a insane cost.

I suggest the drawback come in another way, maybe you need to deal 100 dmg before it gives it to you? or it only activates when you’re below 50% HP and near an enemy, you decide. I’m not sure what you want but I will tell you 125% price increase isn’t sensible

2 Likes

wot? I wanna half of dual wields increase

2 Likes

You used a comma instead of a dot. Though in this case yeah this ability would be insanely overpowered. It’s hallowed armor with barely any drawbacks. I suggest you compare an ability do the existing classes and how it fits into the game instead of comparing it to other abilities like Dual Wield.

Just because Dual Wield/Shaman exists doesn’t justify adding free hallowed armor to the game.

3 Likes

not much free

2 Likes

A 12.5% price increase neither solves the problem(presented by me and Truthful) nor is the correct nerf. It also doesn’t change the fact 12.5% is one of the lowest price increases in the game(For an ability that powerful)

2 Likes

come back to 25%?

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s enough, either. Again, your current proposal is free Hallowed Armor almost on demand with the only drawback being having to wait an extra 10 seconds before reactivation compared to just using Hallowed Armor. To put it in perspective, this means that you can activate it and be guaranteed one free hit for 30 seconds and then only have to wait 10 more before you can do it again, without the need for Hallowed Armor.

Only a 12.5% increase in prices is basically free given the strength of the proposal and the safety it provides. A price increase for any ability shouldn’t be gauged solely by the number of functions it offers, but instead the overall strength of each ability, what the potential mid - level player could gain from using an ability skillfully so it’s not too punishing for newer players but still offer a way to push the skill ceiling in terms of ability usage to provide new tactics. The current proposal has very few drawbacks and has incredible safety provided by Holy Protection almost on demand without the need to restrict oneself to Hallowed Armor.

2 Likes

what
at all

2 Likes

By higher levels, it would be less than 40, and the timer doesn’t matter so much on most maps where you’re able to hold out without fighting for at least a few seconds. Hallowed armor also requires you to hit an enemy, whereas you can do this on command. I’d say this is slightly better than hallowed armor, although not that much.

I think Tru3thful may have misunderstood the “40 secs - Level * 2” as the round number rather than the ability level-up? I did that too at first, but assuming the later, it would require over 21 rounds to get the 10-second cooldown, and thus, past the main portion of the game, where people would even bother to play.

2 Likes